Skip to main content
Topic: paint code (Read 2666 times) previous topic - next topic

paint code

Yahoo Message Number: 90781
does anyone have the paint codes for a 2008 Intrgue 530 parasol I called Country Coach and they said they would send them for $25.00

Marvin Hardy twotendriver@...

Re: paint code

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 90805
Marvin,

On our bus all the paint code information is pasted to the underside of the manual box lid. BIG black box with all the manuals in it.
Hopefully someone has it and will share. Nice gesture on CC's part.
What a way to start a business over. Good luck.
PS: Might want to include your bus information in the signature line.
Forum protocol.

Best - Scott

2006 Allure 430 40' #31349

(Bus-Stead Lemon) My Allure Page http://www.muniac.com/Allure%20Page.html

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 90814
Gosh. This has a few sides to it from my thinking. It's pretty obvious that CC should give that info for free because it just seems right in so many ways of thinking especially because it's our only source and because that person might come back and pay for some work to be done. But then perhaps CC is a company strapped for cash and need to have their people who would do this job of finding it, copying it somehow, and sending it even by email to Marvin paid something in order to have the company succeed. If that's true, and I sure don't know if it is, they may have trouble making a go of it. I used to work for an attorney, and even 5 minutes of his time had a $$ value. Then I think that perhaps the attorney too should give out his thoughts for free even if it's ten times a day because those who ask might become a client. I'm looking forward to hearing what others think.

Mary

06 Inspire 51784

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 90816
Our paint codes came in our owners manual info at the top right page of the index for the owners files. It came from Country Coach.

Lonny & Diane Livingston
'04 Allure #31065

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 90818
Mary,

I think it is perfectly reasonable for Country Coach to charge for information. Keep in mind that this CC is not the same company that sold our coaches. This company invested in the information that is being requested and should receive a fair return on their investment. If Ron Lee had not purchased the intellectual capital from the BK the info would not be available at any price.
If someone really values the information, in this case paint codes, it should be worth some payment to get it.

George In Birmingham(still in Santa Fe) '03 Magna 6298
George in Birmingham
2003 Magna 6298

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 90821
Well put. If the new folks had bought the info it would not be available at any cost.

Mikee

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 90824
Called tech support the other day to verify the height of the coach, they didn't have the answer.
When I bought the coach there was a big box, in the front of that box was a paper entitled "File Folder Index" On the right hand corner is a description of the paint scheme. I will share that with anyone that wants it for free. Charging $25 for that information is ridiculous. Service sells, if they think that a picture of them sitting in a board room is going to sell a product they don't have, I believe is incorrect.

Wally Falch

Wfalch@...

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 90833
I measured mine when in my indoor shop last week. Got on the roof with a horizontal pole and a level. The yellow dash sticker says 12'10", mine measured very close, 12' 10 1/2". So no 13' bridges at 60 mph for me! Speaking of this, I'm always a tad bit concerned if the clearance measurement on a sign is correct. Maybe it wasn't updated after a repave? I understand they are allowed a 3" variance from the posted measurement, good to know!

I hope this is never me or someone here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCvPqaSyOos :-)

Dan

2006 Allure 430 with tag

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 90840
Hi Dan,

Being in the trucking business I can tell you the bridge clearance signs are necessarily correct! They pave roads and don't change the signs. This is why you see the crunch marks on the bridges. If a load is over a certain height we have to run a route survey to assure the height.
If its close don't chance it!

Tammy T

Affinity 6611

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 90841
Well the olden days, I used to do something called "drafting" The sticker on my dashboard is 12' 8" and is and the line indicates it is at the top of the roof line and to me that does not included the air conditioners, trying to be safe and not sorry. I just bought the Garmin RV760 and added the Low Clearance software and do not want to find out that my height is wrong.

Wally Falch

Wfalch@...

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 90843
Does anyone actually use the paint codes anymore; especially, on a faded paint job. I have the codes but have never been asked for them and a couple of occasions when doing touch up work.

Dan 2006 Allure 31348 C-9

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 90844
Hi Dan

This is interesting. I have coach number 31348 and the yellow sticker says 12'8"

Dan 2006 430 Allure 31348 C-9

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 90867
Yes that is strange! Yours is 4 coaches later and they suddenly started making them shorter? Maybe they are like people, their genes determine their height! :-)

"I come from hearty stock!" :D
Is yours a tag? Not sure what else would account for the difference.

This is my yellow height tag
Dan

2006 Allure 430 with tag