Skip to main content
Topic: Lazy Days info ... (Read 577 times) previous topic - next topic

Lazy Days info ...

Yahoo Message Number: 52677
I posted a bit ago about selling to Lazy Days. I erased that post to elinmate clutter as I learned the following.
They are buying inventory from Buddy Gregg and the Beaudry (sp?)for about 100K below book. Have bought something like 27 coaches so far, not sure if all CC's. Needless to say, I won't be doing business with them.
He said they were not real comfortable with CC, I assume 'cause they got dumped as a dealer, and warranty issues. I guess I don't know what they plan on doing covering warranty with no factory support.
Anyway, just thought I would pass this on in case someone wanted a new (I assume new) CC. Don't owe LD any favors, but info for the folks here.

John

2007 Magna 6760 (soon to be frozen solid)

Re: Lazy Days info ...

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 52691
Hi John,

Lazy Days has lost 2 of there so called high line manufacturers, ie CC and Monaco. They cannot get any coaches from CC. Monaco owes LD around 3.5 mil of warranty money from the old company. The last Rumor I heard is that if LD decides to sign on as a Monaco RV dealer, it will be at least 2011 before Monaco RV will deliver any of the new coaches to them because of Monaco RV's commitments to already signed up dealers. In the mean time, LD is really pushing the Tiffin line. The information came from a friend who knows a LD employee. I have knowledge from a couple of friends who are trying to purchase a used coach. Most of the finance companies they have submitted a loan to will only loan the wholesale value of the coach plus they are also requiring a 20% down payment. Problems also arise because the seller is up side down in the balance they owe.

Chuck & Mary B, SOB

Shelby Dog, Miss Kitty, Mr Lucky Cat

Re: Lazy Days info ...

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 52769
John,

We spend a lot of time at LDs, eating and socializing with a lot of old CC friends. We have not needed any repairs since we got rid of our 05 Magna. Our new 2009 American Traditions, purchased from LDs last year runs so well that it has never been in the shop for anything but an oil change and we have driven it 16000 miles in 14 months. Lazy Days is now doing fine. Last month they sold 46 coachs in the Crown Club and for October they have sold 15 with another 20 in the works. Service has been up all year and since they have resolved their problems with the bond holders new stock has begun to arrive. I have not seen any CCs but I'm not there that much, Just for lunch and happy hour. Miss my CC some times, because it was a good excuse to go and hang out at the Crown Club bar, Now the wife asks why I'm going there because the coach runs so well. So much for free drinks. I still get notices from the courts about the October 22 court date. That should be interesting.

Bill Gabler