Skip to main content
Topic: (no subject) (Read 690 times) previous topic - next topic

(no subject)

Yahoo Message Number: 52974
Hello - Need to find a service center/qualified tech asap. House batteries won't charge. We are in Rhode Island headed south. Any suggestions much appreciated. Logan 07Inspire52000

House Battery won't charge

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 52981
On my coach there are two T300 fuses, one near the inverter and one in the battery compartment. Each are covered by a 4" plastic snap cover than can be slid to the side on the cable. The fuse is about 3" inches long and square in shape.
When my house batteries do not charge that is the first place I look. Several others have found these fuses to be the solution. I buy them on the internet or have found them at a solar supplies store.
See an example at http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/6F496?cm_mmc=Google%20Base-_-Electrical-_-Fuses-_-6F496
Dean

95 CC Magna

House Battery won't charge

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 52982
Note, the T300 fuse in my previous post usually costs about $30.00 not the $130 on the Grainger site that I used for a pictoral.

Dean

95 Magna 5280

Re: House Battery won't charge

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 52983
Do they charge on any source? Engine alternator, shore power or generator? Check to see if they charge on any of those sources?

Ray

2000 Intrigue 11040

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 52988
Man, if your blowing 300 Amp fuses, you've have got a very big electrical problem.

Earl Densten

03 Intrigue 11554

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 52994
Could have been caused by bad campground shore power. Logan, do you monitor your Surge Protector at every campground plug-in?

--

Lee Zaborowski
07 Intrigue 12153
----