Skip to main content
Topic: Galley Slide Needs Adjustment, or maybe a bigger problem? (Read 545 times) previous topic - next topic

Galley Slide Needs Adjustment, or maybe a bigger problem?

Yahoo Message Number: 53025
Hello all. We have a 99 Intrigue with the galley slide, (#10745). The rear corner/section of the slide has begun hanging up and does not want to retract into the coach, unless I relevel the coach, often two or three times. The HWH control says the coach is level, but the slide still hangs up. The hydraulic resevoir is full. I assume there is a mechanical way to adjust/raise the rear corner to eliminate the drag. Anyone had any experience correcting this sort of problem? If so, what did you need to do to correct it? Thks for any and all assistance.
Bill & Nova Brown,
99 Intrigue, (#10745)

Re: Galley Slide Needs Adjustment, or maybe a bigger problem?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 53026
Hi Bill,

You don't say whether it's the top or bottom which is hanging up. Ours was hanging up in the top rear corner. I know the 99 slides are different from our 2001 model. (Different mechanism). I have found that a thorough cleaning all around the outside rubbers done the trick. This took several tries before it came good. I also walk the slide in and out just a few inches at a time letting it rest before continuing.

Bruce

2001 Intrigue #11278

Re: Galley Slide Needs Adjustment, or maybe a bigger problem?

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 53039
The slide is sticking on the bottom. We have even had some chipping of the wood on the bottom of the slide. The slide seems to seat itself when all the way in. While out it appears to be resting on a block of some sort in the rear corner.