Skip to main content
Topic: #2 Slide (drivers side bedroom) (Read 602 times) previous topic - next topic

#2 Slide (drivers side bedroom)

Yahoo Message Number: 57797
Starting last summer we noticed that while camping for an extended period the bedroom slide would creep closed about 8 inches. When we got home I replaced both solenoids that control the extend and retract. I also released pressure on both solenoids then re-pressurized both and cycled the slide in and out. Still moves a small amount from time to time. Any Ideas? Thanks,

John Bennett
07 Magna 6751

Re: #2 Slide (drivers side bedroom)

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 57804
John,

Mine moved out about 8 inches, so I guess it could move in also. What the issue is you have either leak and the oil is escaping, or you need oil. Often on new coaches CC did not fill the reservoir properly. In fact after having my service for this same issue, they(CC) did not put any oil in the system. When I returned home I called HWH and they told me which valve controlled which function. I order three valves for $125.00 a piece and replaced the one HWH told me was the victim. It worked and the problem went away. I examined these valve they are a very small needle valves, and anything in the system can damage the needle. Also older valves did not have a filter screen, all the new ones did.
That is all I got, getting the valve out is easy no special tools. Getting a valve should be easy as I sure HWH will sell direct or delivery to a CW. I is easy to find the valve just have a second turn on the retraction for that slide, and you will feel which valve that is. At the time HWH told me to replace with sides in and out which I did, third was a spare that I never needed.

Jim Spviey 2006 Alllure 31432

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 57806
Thanks Jim for the reply. I did replace both solenoids associated with slide #2. I checked the literature from HWH and they describe how to check the fluid. It was either both Pax slides extended and both Driver slides retracted or the other way around. I followed the procedure and checked the fluid. I 'll check again to be sure.
John

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 57808
John this oil is very clear, so I suggest a straw with paper still on. Be sure you do not over fill as this is a big mess, trust me. Fill in small increments. I used a graduated 4 once cup. You say solenoid, but did you not see a small valve that connected into the manifold?

Jim Spivey

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 57809
John, you may need a new check valve, go to www.hwh.com and pull up their technical info. I had to put a new in after mine did as yours is doing.

Mike 03 Allure 1st Ave #30898