Skip to main content
Topic: 2008 Inspire 40' Genoa 3 slides, 425 Cummins (Read 627 times) previous topic - next topic

2008 Inspire 40' Genoa 3 slides, 425 Cummins

Yahoo Message Number: 58115
Hello all, we are currently considering a new, never sold, 2008 Inspire 360 40'Genoa with the Cummins 425 ISL and 3 slides. Any pros/cons we might need to consider regarding this year and model coach. We realize it's an orphan as we currently have a 99 Intrigue 36' single slide.
Any and all comments would be appreciated regarding the 08 Inspire and/or 425 ISL.

Thanks

Bill & Nova Brown
99 Intrigue #10745
02 GMC Envoy

Re: 2008 Inspire 40' Genoa 3 slides, 425 Cummins

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 58122
Hello Bill & Nova,

we have a late 2007 Inspire Genoa, the best coach with the best floor plan we ever had. Only one suggestion, put an additional awning above the passenger side slide window. With some wind the big awning above the slide will retract automatically and with full sun on the unprotected window it will be pretty warm inside.
Happened to us frequently in Arizona with 2 other Inspires before.

Hermann (the German)

2007 Inspire 52006

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 58126
Thanks for the input Hermann. We will definitely be adding the awning, if weget the coach.
Bill

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 58163
Bill and Nova,

I would check to see if that year has an issue with the "Dry" PTO and I would check the condition and DOT of the tires. I would be concerned that they have sat on the lot in the sun without being driven for 2 years. I would also check to see if it has had the refrigerator recall performed if needed. I would look for the fogging of the windows or the creeping window seals. I would run all appliances, water heaters, stove, a/c's or heat pumps, hydrohot (??), check toilet seals for holding water, roof seals, roof vent covers for cracking and aren't stuck closed, water pump, tv's front and back, surround sound, dvd, vcr, slide out seals and motors are lubed and operating properly with no water leaks, awnings operate properly especially the motor for the one over the entry door which freezes up due to moisture. Check out all functions on the smartwheel, TPMS, dash air and exhaust brake. When a coach sits they will build up moisture in the engine oil, trans oil and gas tank. You need to make sure they change all the fluids and maybe the fuel filters (??) to help avoid this. The air leveling system should also be checked for moisture as well. Our Inspire generates a lot of heat in the electronics compartment so if yours doesn't have a small fan installed to move the air I would have them do that as well or you will cook all the componentry. I would also make sure the cooling fan for the engine runs on both speeds as well. I would also check the black, gray and fresh water tanks and make sure all are cleaned and drain perfectly with good sensors. I would take it on a long test drive with some grades so you can see how the temps do. Others might be able to talk about belts, hoses, coolant, radiator, CAC, etc. You will probably find all OK but you need to be as thorough as possible since nows the time to fix it - before they have your money. You will love the new coach!! Let us all know how it goes.
Safe Travels,
Kathy

'06 inspire #51782

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 58177
Kathy, Thanks for your comments. Your points are well taken. So far we have not sealed any deals. The dealer, like many, doesn't want to do anymore for us then he absolutely has to, so we are still just talking.
I was aware of posssible recalls on the engine, but not the fridge. Your comments and any others we receive from current owners are what I was hoping to receive so we could be a little better prepared in any negoiations. Thanks again.

Bill & Nova

99 Intrigue #10745

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 58197
Kathys points are also well taken on a "private party" sale. I did this and more when we purchased our 2003 Magna and it was very helpfull to know everything that could be an issue to negotiate the very best price possible.

Mickey

2003-42' Magna Resort TWC