Skip to main content
Topic: (no subject) (Read 658 times) previous topic - next topic

(no subject)

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 62307
Good Morning All

I have a '93 Magna and was traveling across Iowathis week, just starting out on the 2nd day of our trip, and received a "front brakes low air pressure" alarm. I check the air gauge and both needles indicated proper air pressure around 112 pounds. I pulled off at the next exit and call for service.
While waiting for roadside service I purged the air tank and refilled. The alarm would fade off and then back on for the next 30 minutes.
When the tech arrived he said it might be a control module but couldn't seem to find it. I followed him back to his shop (without any alarms) and they continued to look for a problem but could not locate one. The diagnostics they tried to run was unsuccessfully because they did not know what info regarding the coach to program into the machine. They charged me $80 and sent me on my way with the explanation that it might have been a sticky air valve.
I have since driven over a 1000 miles without any more problems. Does anyone have any knowledge of this alarm and what might have caused it?

Many Thanks
Walt

'93 Magna 5160

(no subject)

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 62610
It's time to pay the insurance person again. I have GMAC, and they went up on the premium. So, time to look around. Any suggestions?Thank you, Joe2006 Intrigue 12054

Re: (unknown)

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 62612
I just got a quote from GMAC at The FMCA raly. They were only double what I pay now. Contact Miller Insurance in Oregon. Bob WexlerSOB

Re: (unknown)

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 62643
You could try National Interstate Daveaka Billy Byte (trusty hound)2000 Allure #30443From: Joseph Stevener To: Country-Coach-Owners@yahoogroups.comSent: Fri, August 20, 2010 12:01:22 PMSubject: [Country-Coach-Owners] (unknown) It's time to pay the insurance person again. I have GMAC, and they went up on the premium. So, time to look around. Any suggestions?Thank you, Joe2006 Intrigue 12054

Insurance

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 62644
WE go through the same thing every few years, re evaluate our insurance cost(s). Way back we had GMAC on our car and it went through the ceiling. Did a study and AARP had the best price. For the car they are still competitive. I've started the "look" this year on the MH. Good thing is that you can get "online quotes". We're full timers so the picking are not quite as good. We have National Interstate (over 5 years). We're finding other companies that are less expensive (around 15%). At this point we're not considering changing. We have 0 deductable, vanishing over 5 years, and we have Road Side Service for only $1 per year with this policy. It works, used it once and its better than Coach Net or Good Sam in some ways, it pays for labor at the breakdown site. It's a reimbursement policy so you've got to set everything up yourself and submit the claim. I think we're going to go to Coach Net, the National Interstate will be a good backup for the things not covered in CN.

Judy n Joe
98 Intrigue