Skip to main content
Topic: Best warranty?? (Read 2891 times) previous topic - next topic

Best warranty??

Yahoo Message Number: 94003
We are purchasing a CC with about 12k miles. It is a 2010 inspire. As the coach has been camped in by friends of the dealership, care has not been taken. We feel we do need to buy an extended warranty, but would love feedback from other CC members on what is the best on out there? Thx. Kay & Allan Neubauer

Re: Best warranty??

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 94011
As has been said many times make sure you know what the contract covers and what you are required to have for records. Most are for major stuff , engine/trans dies, refrig totally dies. They don't cover troubleshootingelectrical problems or say fridge not as cold or a/c not cooling like you think it should. since dealers friends were using maybe dealer should "throw in" the contract. These are large margin items too.
When we bought our Dolphin new we did want the "permanent wax job"? and Scotchgard and the dealer had it bundled with contract. They started at $4500 for 7 years. We ended at $500 oh the wax job still looks great as we finish up 7 years of ownership.

[size=75%]Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S™II Skyrocket™ an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.[/size]
Kay Neubauer wrote:

We are purchasing a CC with about 12k miles. It is a 2010 inspire. As the coach has been camped in by friends of the dealership, care has not been taken. We feel we do need to buy an extended warranty, but would love feedback from other CC members on what is the best on out there? Thx. Kay & Allan Neubauer

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 94017
Suggest you guys seriously consider buying an extended warranty, when things go wrong with these coaches it can cost big bucks. Be sure to buy an exclusionary policy that specifically identifies any mechanical items that are not covered, all other major items will then be covered. Also suggest getting the lowest deductible offered by the company depending on cost, you will get the premium cost back quickly. Most companies will only insure coaches with these type warranties that are under 10 years old and with less than 40K miles. In the past year we have had the Echo Charger, fuel line sensor, inverter and radiator replaced at the CC factory under warranty. This would have been a pretty costly year without the extended warranty. We can recommend Wholesale Warranties in San Diego, they have provided good service, talk to Brittanny.
Trust this helps.
Cheers,

Herb H.- '05 Allure 31209

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 94052
Ray & Sheryl,

Extended warranties are kind of like having a dog with a broken leg. The warrantor will not reimburse expenses for having the leg set, but will replace the dog if it dies from the onset of gangrene.

Our extended warranty with United Service Protection Corp., purchased through Good Sam in 2005, paid for things like an inoperable step, and will only pay for the replacement of original equipment. Example: the factory installed aluminum radiator in our 2005 Country Coach Inspire. When this radiator sprang multiple leaks after five years of ownership, it had to be replaced. Temporary repairs in Jamestown, NY, amounting to $1,394.15, were not covered. In Weare, NH the original radiator was replaced with a better quality, but more expensive, steel radiator at a total cost of $6,269.40. The warrantor would not pay the cost difference between the original radiator and the new upgraded one. United Service Protection Corp. ended up reimbursing us for about 65 percent of the total cost. We paid $5,541 for this warranty, good for 84 months or 75,000 miles, whichever came first.

During the 84 months that this warranty was in effect, we probably got our money back on covered repairs. Nearly half of the cost reimbursed was for the radiator replacement, and there were numerous other reimbursements. Our overall assessment is that the warranty was worth the money paid.

Gary Collins' '05 CC Inspire 51491

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 94075
Very nice write up with real world examples of what is and isn't covered and when you go into one with your eyes open it can be a good thing.
Knock on wood I have no idea how good our coverage is because we have not needed it so far! Then again I haven't needed my Progressive coverage either but still pay for it!

Ray

They say wine improves with age! As I enter my golden years, I say age improves with wine! The Born Loser

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 94083
We didn't know that Merrill & Sons, of Weare, NH, had a 25 percent markup on parts until we got the bill for the expensive new radiator. The warrantor, of course, would not cover the markup. The cost of the new radiator exceeded $4,000 marked up by 25 percent. That was $1,000 the warrantor would not cover. Suppose we had refused to pay it? We really had no choice.

Gary Collins

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 94318
HELLO

I BOUGHT A GOOD SAM WARRANTY BUT READING POST THEIR ARE BETTER ONES OUT THEIR ANY SUGGESTIONS ?
THANK YOU WESLEWY

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 94325
We had great coverage and service on a warranty purchased thru Wholesale Warranty.
John & Judy 2000 Allure #30505
TTN park, Las Vegas

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 94329
My coach came with a 4yr/48K "Total Care" extended service policy or 'warranty' thru Easycare. The 2008 coach was first sold in April 2010 and so the 4 year coverage began then and concludes next month. It also had the original 5yr/200K Caterpillar warranty which is still good until 2015 and is great coverage.
But we want to continue with a good ERS policy and have been shopping around. Based on various comments over the past couple years on the forum, we have looked at the following:

Easycare
Good Sam

Wholesale Warranties
US Warranty Company

I have had reasonable service from Easycare in the two years I have owned the coach. Service managers have had to struggle with them a bit, but in the end they have come thru. They will allow me to purchase another 4yr/48K total care package for $9528 with a $250 deductible and $7422 for $500 deductible. True to comments on the forum, Eric Olstrom and the team at Premier in Tucson gave me a much better deal than I could get on my own with 4/48 for $7250 with $100 deductible.
Good Sam quoted me $2868/annual for a $250 deductible and $2095 for the $500 deductible. But after reading the fine print, I decided this was the worst coverage and no way would we consider it. For example it doesn't cover the radiator or the wiring!?!?! Are you kidding me? One of our members recently posted that a new radiator cost him $5000. An ERS policy which excludes that is a cruel hoax. Stay away from Good Sam.
Wholesale Warranties is just a broker and professes to find the best deal on coverage for you and your coach. Someone suggested Brittany Malkin there but after calling and speaking with Sales Manager David Scott there who offered to turn me over to Brittany, I never got any return calls or emails, despite repeated attempts to contact them. Brittany's bio states "I spend most days at the beautiful beaches here in San Diego" so apparently that trumps getting back to customers. I'll pass on them.
I then inquired with USWC. I contacted Katie Lentine there, Vice President - Sales & Marketing. She was superb in getting back to me, answering every question promptly and offered me very competitive rates, better than what the others quoted me. Like the others they are backed by a major A-rated insurance company, their warranty is transferrable (or pro-rated refundable when you sell) and their coverage is comprehensive and DOES include the radiator, wiring, etc.
I checked with several top RV repair shops and they told me Good Sam, Easycare and USWC were the top players out there today. One of the places I inquired with was Oregon Motorcoach (OMC) in Junction City OR. Jim Cooley there is a great service manager and one of the best places to have your coach serviced. Jim told me "You have them listed in order of merit from worst to best, Easycare 5, Good Sam 6, and USWC Eagle 8. We are actually going to start selling the USWC policies so if you get to the point of buying one let me know and I can quote you a price."
So I asked for the quote, Jim turned me over to Vern Huber at OMC and he did indeed offer me a better deal with USWC than I could get by inquiring with the company direct... Eagle Plus 4/48 with $100.00 deductible for $4810.00. An added advantage here is that if we have the coach serviced at OMC, I think I can bet they will work pretty hard to get any work done fully covered by USWC.
We have pretty much decided we will go with USWC, but I would still like to solicit any further input from other forum members before we make our choice next month.
It is important to note that these quotes are relative... everyone will get a different quote based on the age of their coach, the value of the coach and the equipment it has. But in terms of value, reliability and ease to work with, as well as the recommendations from shops that do the work, I think USWC wins hands down.

Joseph Burkle

2008 Country Coach Inspire 360 Founders Edition 43' quad slide tag axle 425 HP C9 pusher http://www. Wind-seeker.com/
Sat Mar 8, 2014 7:58 am (PST) . Posted by: "Wesley Coon"

HELLO

I BOUGHT A GOOD SAM WARRANTY BUT READING POST THEIR ARE BETTER ONES OUT THEIR ANY SUGGESTIONS ?
THANK YOU WESLEY

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 94332
Transferred a USE warranty when we bought a 2006 Allure from original owner in 2009. I would suggest you review the "exclusions" section and discuss the radiator with them before you buy. They would not cover my radiator or CAC because of "welds, metal fatigue, etc on the radiator but would have possibly covered new gaskets on the CAC, but Premier in Junction City would not do that due to poor prior experiences. Bill for pto wet kit, radiator and CAC was about $7,000.00 in 2010. Nice vacation bomb!! Check them out further before you buy. They did pay for a fan controller. Suggest they email you copy of policy to review all sections, and have a conversation about specifically radiator and CAC. Good luck Jim Westling 2006 Allure 34' #31400

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 94335
Does anyone have any experience with service policies for vintage coaches like my 98 Allure? Good Sam quoted me a high cost for a very limited policy but, I am not sure about them due to poor reports on this forum. Does USWC cover old coaches? Any suggestions?

Daron Hairabedian 98 Allure 30226

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 94340
Joseph: Sorry for the poor response. We transferred the US Warranty Corp coverage. They are the ones in Ohio. The radiator is covered in section 5. Engine Heating/CoolingCooling; but they declined my leaking aluminum radiator claim under "Exclusions". I would push for a warranty endorsement that states they will replace the radiator and CAC regardless if is is failed welds, stress, corrosion, metal fatigue, etc. My warranty was the Eagle Guardian, original cost in 2006 of $7,495.00. Good luck Jim Westling 2006 Allure 34' #31400