Skip to main content
Topic: (no subject) (Read 1010 times) previous topic - next topic

(no subject)

Yahoo Message Number: 7187

All:

first, let me thank you for allowing me to join your board. My wife, Lorene and I are purchasing our first coach through Buddy Gregg here in Dallas. We have selected and ordered a very well equipped 04 Inspire.
Now, for the question. I'm hearing that there will be some number of updates to the Inspire from Country Coach and I was wondering if I should wait and re-order or that the updates will be unimportant to the operation of the coach. Some of the updates I'm hearing include putting wood cabinets where the plastic cabinets are located in the front of the coach and perhaps a move to Bose sound systems... Does anyone have any additional information?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Kevin Doukas
McKinney Texas

Re:

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7188

From what I understand, the improvements you have mentioned are already in place for what's coming off line.

Robin

Re:

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7189

Kevin,

I had an Inspire for about a month and I had so many problems, I traded it for an Intrigue. I am sure Country Coach will continue to improve and correct the problems. I loved the appearance, the triple slide and the way the coach drove. The problems I had were quality control issues which surprised me from a company like Country Coach. The plastic cabinets definitely cheapened a fine coach like the inspire but the sound quality from the Panasonic Surround Sound was excellent. I think the Inspire was a great idea the Howards had, I just hope they get the QC issues worked out.

Brad and Kim Salute
2003 Intrigue #11568
La Quinta, CA

Re:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7190

Brad:

Would you PLEASE give me some idea of the "issues" that you had and how you resolved them...

Thanks in advance!

Kevin Doukas

Packet Design Inc.

Regional Sales Manager, Midwest Region
1317 Hidden Meadow
McKinney, Texas 75070
972.529.2450 Office
214.282.1855 Mobile

www.packetdesign.com
kdoukas@...
Simplifying Route Analysis

Network Magazine Product of the Year

(No subject)

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 7191
MUCH appreciate THIS discussion of difficulties on 2004 INSPIRE, we bought @ the Pomona RV show and maiden voyage, the co-pilot seat footrest STUCK in the reclined position, the inside step cover froze OPEN, the bedroom door fail of it's track and the jacks would not activate, SO PLEASE continue providing updates on INSPIRE quality issues. Currently in a hotel room awaiting Las VEgas C/C warranty service @ Wheelers - who's had it for FOUR days, already! (and, to top it off, C/C FedExed us a 2nd set of keys - TO ANOTHER COACH, NOT ours!)

Max&Ginnyw/5westies
2004 Inspire Quad
P/T Cruiser Toad

Re:

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 7192

Oops, I didn't intend to start something big. To answer Kevin and Max, our issues were mainly water leaks. One in the shower, CC never sealed the drain and the water leaked under the pan and into the bathroom area soaking the grout and carpet entry into bedroom, another under the sink where CC didn't teflon seal the p-trap and one around the small china cabinet, may have been the water heater.
Our parking brake would not illuminate on the dash, so the slides and leveling system would not work unless I set it about twenty times and then it would illuminate and everything would eventually work. Quikee step never worked properly, always had someone on the road wave and tell me the step was out. Bedroom slide made a huge squeak and squeal when I put the slide out.
Our maiden voyage was a trip from Ehrenberg, Arizona where we took out of state delivery to Prescott and Phoenix in the middle of August, the dash air didn't work, it actually blew hot air due to some "H" valve problem, it was a very uncomfortable trip.
Those were the big problems, there were some other nuisance items. Like I said before, CC had a great idea, I think these were not so much design issues but quality control. I should have known not to buy the first year and especially the ninth one off the line.

Brad and Kim Salute
2003 Intrigue #11568
La Quinta, CA