Skip to main content
Topic: Dash notification panel (Read 2822 times) previous topic - next topic

Dash notification panel

Yahoo Message Number: 101066
The panel on the dash where all of the indicators are (ABS, engine warning, warming, etc, etcv) is very dark/or black.  It is VERY difficult to see the indicators when lit during the day when the sun is shining in  :-)

Has anyone found a solution?

Re: Dash notification panel

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 101067
I changed out all of mine so I could see them during the day. The only one that I did not change was the ABS because I was told that it would start flashing, total 19 bulbs. (All Cool White) These are Polarity Sensitive so if the don't work you turn it around. I put tape over the MT spots so I would not get it the wrong spot. My coach is a 06 Inspire.
Floyd 2006 Inspire 51744

74 LED Bulb - 1 SMD LED Wedge Base | Subminiature | Specialty & Automotive | Universal LED Bulb Finder | Super Bright LEDs

74 LED Bulb - 1 SMD LED Wedge Base | Subminiature | Specialty & Automotive | Universa... High power SMD LED with wide beam angle. 6 lumen. Small Wedge Base LED bulb 74 type(T1-3/4) 3/16 inch wide base, 3/4 inch overall length. All products are instock and available to ship from Super Bright LEDs.

View on www.superbrightleds.com

right

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 101069
I also used these bulbs and I would only add to use the correct color for each bulb. I initially purchased all white and later changed them out to the correct color and there is a very noticeable difference. These bulbs cure the "can't see them in the daylight" issue.

Dan

2000 Magna #5788
Dan Siedschlag
2000 Magna #5788

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 101078
Thanks so that's why my ABS light is flashing. The bulbs really work I can see the lights.

Brian O'Day
ePRINT

9970 SW Greenburg RD
Portland, Oregon 97223
(503)684-2679

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 101082
Dan,

When you said "I would only add to use the correct color for each bulb" Sorry, what do U mean by this?

Dave
07  Country Coach Allure 430 #31495
12 Jeep GC Toad
Mountains of So Cal and
Henderson, Nev
Dave & Jodi
2007 CC Allure 40’ Tag #31495
2012 Jeep GC
Big Bear Lake, Ca & Henderson, Nev

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 101086
Dave - The non-LED panel light bulbs are all white/clear and rely on the dash for color, i.e., red, yellow, white, green, etc. The LED bulbs are available in several colors which allows you to match the bulb color to the display color in the dash. Just note how many of each color you need. As I recall you can also shine a light from the back of the panel and determine the correct color for the particular light bulb. I found the colors to be much more vivid when the correct color LED bulb was used. I think the reason was that the clear/white LED bulbs are so much brighter than the originals that they tend to wash out the color in the panel.
 I also changed out the bulbs in the tank gage panel which were also unreadable in daylight. I had no idea they were also different colors. I changed them out to the correct colored LED bulbs and they are now very visible in the daylight. The only issue I have with them is that there is some bleed over between the closest lights, i.e., when the tank is showing empty the 1/4 light is also lit although more dimly than the "empty" light. So far it is such an improvement over the original that I am willing to live with the bleed over issue.

Hope this helps, 
Dan

2000 Magna #5788
Dan Siedschlag
2000 Magna #5788

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 101099
What is the "correct color"? Are they marked as to what color they should be???

Steve

2002 Intrigue 11382

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 101100
Steve wrote: What is the "correct color"? Are they marked as to what color they should be???
 Steve - The LED bulbs are sold in various colors. The panel lights are also various colors but since the original bulbs were all clear/white the colors were part of the panel. On my 2000 Magna I went out at night and counted how many of the various colors I needed. On mine I could also shine a light thru the panel and determine the color required for the various warning/caution/indicator lights. I would think your Intrigue would be very similar.

Dan

2000 Magna #5788
Dan Siedschlag
2000 Magna #5788

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 101107
Hi, we have a 2000 magna also, and need to chang out the dash panel lights cannot see in daylight. What number did you used and where did you get them. Thanks charles 5886

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 101112
This  is the same source and bulbs I used in my 2000 Magna. Have a look  through my posts on this thread as all my comments apply to your coach. I have no particular expertise in this but have changed out my bulbs. The only issues I had were that I also tried to change out the back lighting on some of the switches in the panel and couldn't get them to work. Also I have one or two lights that remain dimly lit with everything turned off. They are only visible at night. From what I have read online it appears that the lights are getting a small amount of voltage which is enough to dimly light the LED bulb but not the incandescent bulb. I haven't gotten too excited about this issue. My brother is the electronics genius in our family and when the stars finally align and we get him and the coach in the same location I will probably have him take a look at those lights. The internet experts were saying to add a resistor which supposedly fixes the problem. My brother is my planned fix.

Let me know is you need anything additional.

Dan

2000 Magna #5788
Dan Siedschlag
2000 Magna #5788

Dash notification panel

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 111887

Hi Dan,

I have the same problem with my 94' Affinity. Your fix is a fairly simple matter, pull panels, change bulbs, an boom... LIGHTS you can SEE! Oh how I wish my coach was blessed that way... I have plexiglass backer panels, painted black, with no paint where the legend or lettering is on the 1/16" layer above it. My lights look more like push through rocker switches with a flush, flat top that is glued to the bottom of the plexiglass. These are Solico series 25 lights with .250 blade terminals, obsolete so I keep hearing. Then to make the lil issue even more fun, several of the plexiglass backer panels are cracked and broken and need replacing.

I'm including a PDF of the lights and a picture of 2 of the lights as mounted on the back of a panel.

Has anyone with my era of coach, repaired this before? Or had it successfully repaired? Does anyone build new designed panels? I have a couple of bad gauges too, so if I'm going to do this, their already out. Plus these gauges and panels are ugly as sin!!

I'm open and grateful for any input or advice! Going through all the work of rebuilding these panels and putting all the old wiring and outdated parts back in, is not what i was hoping for...

Thanks in advance from a new member!

Larry

1994 40' Affinity "American Pride" CC #5074