Skip to main content
Topic: OTA (over the air) TV (Read 1962 times) previous topic - next topic

OTA (over the air) TV

Yahoo Message Number: 110474
I'm currently parked under tress so my Dish can't lock onto the Sat. And their 'cable service' is not working. I have 2005 Inspire and have never used the OTA antenna. I have the controller on TV ANT and put the TV POWER button on.

Not getting any reception. Has the technology change so this OTA system is outdated?

Thank you kindly,
michael title
05 Inspire 51381

Re: OTA (over the air) TV

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110475
Need to run a channel search. Go into the tv menu select antenna and search.

Craig Spiess

2007 Inspire 51959

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110476
If you still have an analog tv in your coach, you won't be able to pull in OTA channels unless you get a digital converter.

Additionally, you'll need to change your TV source to ANTENNA and do a channel search.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110478
You will need to scan for channels using the TV settings (OTA) once your antenna is up. If you have buttons to select dvd, sat, ant and aux; make sure you select ant on this (distribution) system too.
Find out what local channels are in your area. In flat populated areas I've picked up over 50 channels. In low pop. areas with mountains I've had no or as little as 3 channels.

Sincerely 
Alex

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110479
The tv may not be capable of picking up the current digital channels. The antenna should be fine.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110480
Unless you have upgraded the TVs they most likely do not have digital tuners.

Time for new TVs

Mikee

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110482
An 05 Inspire should have a digital TV. Do a channel search, but you have to be very patient. I had this problem before and it was because I lost patience and ended the search thinking something else was wrong. It may take 10 minutes… Also you may have to rotate your OTA antenna some.

Greg
06 Magna 6642
2006 Magna Rembrandt C13
2016 Jeep GC toad

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110483
Michael,

I also have a 2005 Inspire. I never could get my omni directional antenna to work. I replaced mine with a Windguard, I now get great OTA reception.
RJ

Re: OTA (over the air) TV [1 Attachment]

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 110486
Have you gotten your power antenna booster on?? On my CC the button is in the B R .No button up front any where. Another thing that I have had happen is the cable will sometimes fail where the antenna connects to the cable. If you exhaust all your other resources try cutting the old cable end off and replacing it. Had one drive me up the wall one time until I did this. By the way, make sure your video selector is set on antenna

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 110488
My 06 Inspire didn't have a digital TV. I had to install a converter.