Skip to main content
Topic: Common Cause for Creeping Slide While in Storage? (Read 1512 times) previous topic - next topic

Common Cause for Creeping Slide While in Storage?

Yahoo Message Number: 110658
Would there be a common cause for a creeping driver's side slide while in storage? The first time we saw it was after about a month in storage and it was out about 8 inches. We pulled it back in and two days later we arrived to find it out about 2 inches.

Would there be a common cause? Solenoid? Hoses? Other? What would be the usual culprit?

Shirley OBrien

06 Intrigue in Tucson

Re: Common Cause for Creeping Slide While in Storage?

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110661
Could be solenoids but on my coach I've had 3 solenoids replaced and two valves repaired. Also had the sync cylinder replaced and seal repaired on one of the slide cylinders. All of the work done by HWH. over a period of 4 years.

I will be making another trip to HWH this summer as I still have slide creep. What I see with mine is creep at the front of the slide.I don't know how far the slide would creep out since I full time and when I realize it has started to creep, usually about 2 or 3 inches, I pull it back in. I have only one slide; up front and on the driver's side.

My coach has a winch in a driver's side bay to help retract the slide should the slide retraction system fail. If I were to store my coach I would attach the winch to the slide to prevent it from creeping. I would also put a large tag on the slide switch to remind me to disconnect the winch before operating the slide.

pete

2000 40' Magna CAT C-10, #5892
Pete
 2000 40'  Magna #5892  CAT C-10