Skip to main content
Topic: Odor (Read 2166 times) previous topic - next topic

Odor

Yahoo Message Number: 111020
All of a sudden, I'm starting to get a odor when traveling from under my bathroom sink when traveling. Up until a few weeks ago we never had that, can anyone give me a clue to what it maybe and how to solve it.

Thanks Mike

97 Intrigue # 10368

Re: Odor

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111021
Mike,

Replace your air admittance valve under the sink.

George in Birmingham
'03 Magna 6298
George in Birmingham
2003 Magna 6298

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111024
If you have a washer/dryer often the water trap dries out allowing odors to enter the area around the sink.
Daron Hairabedian, 98 Allure 30226

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111027
What kind of odor? My 1998 Intrigue started having an antifreeze smell (kind of sweet, like syrup) from under the bathroom sink, which turned out to be a very small leak from the heat exchanger for the water heater. I used a heater hose connector & clamps to bypass the heat exchanger and the odor went away. (this will suffice until I need to replace the water heater, which is otherwise working perfectly fine)

Mark M

1998 Intrigue #10661

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 111029
Under general information if your model had washer and dryer as an option the plumbing is there whether the option was ordered or not. The drain should be capped but could leak smells eventually.

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 111031
The only time we had odors was while moving. We removed the the caps on the vent tubes and had variable ventures installed that would guarantee the odors being sucked out while in transit or if there was a breeze. Another thing we did was to use ECO SAVE that was originally supplied with the coach when new. Throw in the dry enzymes as recommended and add water, the more liquid the better it works, Also add the stuff to the Grey water, it can smell as bad as the black water.

Our current coach has a marine toilet with a P trap so black water odors are not a problem, but grey water can be, but by using ECO SAVE no problems and it is environmentally friendly.

TWI 98 Allure 30255, now 2004 Intrigue 11731