Skip to main content
Topic: Cummings Northwest (Read 1893 times) previous topic - next topic

Cummings Northwest

Yahoo Message Number: 111094
Just wanted to put out a positive feedback reference Cummings Northwest in Coburg Oregon. Noticed a fuel leak while doing a walk around of the coach. I called and explained to Mike that we were full timers and what I found and the location of the leak on Monday 22nd of May. Mike thought it might be a fuel lift pump and stated that he would see if they had one in stock for our coach.

Later Monday Mike called and said that he found one in Anchorage Alaska and that they would have it for us on Tuesday and made us an appointment for Tuesday morning.

Not being my first rodeo I did not think this would be possible. However the part did arrive and we were back on the road that evening. Everyone went out of their way to make this as enjoyable as possible.

A big thanks for a well done job at a fair rate.
Thanks to Mike, Neil, Andy and entire staff.

Donnie Coury

2003 Intrigue #11566

Re: Cummings Northwest

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111096
I had the same issue 5 or 6 years ago, only Oregon Motor Coach, Dave Remington, found the leak while changing the radiator and charge air cooler. They took the coach to Cummins North west and they had the lift pump in stock. In addition they found the Engine brake was developing an issue and repaired both that after noon with 3 techs working on the coach. But they charged me as if a single tech had worked on the coach at flat rate. I have had them do work previously and always buy spare belts and filters when in the neighborhood. Belonging to the Cummins Power Club helps with part prices and scheduling, too. But having OMC speak for you really gets things done. TWI 2004 Intrigue 11731

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111097
I had the same issue 5 or 6 years ago, only Oregon Motor Coach, Dave Remington, found the leak while changing the radiator and charge air cooler. They took the coach to Cummins North west and they had the lift pump in stock. In addition they found the Engine brake was developing an issue and repaired both that after noon with 3 techs working on the coach. But they charged me as if a single tech had worked on the coach at flat rate. I have had them do work previously and always buy spare belts and filters when in the neighborhood. Belonging to the Cummins Power Club helps with part prices and scheduling, too. But having OMC speak for you really gets things done. TWI 2004 Intrigue 11731

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111099
Will be in Coburg the end of July, Glass repair, will try and stop by. I have a question, where is the fuel lift pump? Thanks...

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111100
On my coach the lift pump is located on the passenger side of the engine. To be more specific it is attached to the side of the block (middle of block) about half way up. At first I thought it was a fuel pump. If you need a picture I can take one and send it to you. I don't know how to post one on here.

Donnie Coury

2003 Intrigue 11566

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111104
Thank you, I now know it exists. I did have to ask where "is the power steering pump" if it was any closer it would have bit me.

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 111127
Just another confirmation of outstanding service by Cummins NW.

We were having the Source Engineering Wax Valve installed just down the street from them in the AM. With an appointment later in the day to have Cummins NW reprogram our ECM from ISL370 to ISL400 configuration.

I called in the AM to see if they had a thermostat in stock for our coach. (Figured with the thermostat exposed for the Wax Valve install, a good time to replace it.) Parts gent looked, said know, but - were supposed to have a few coming in with the parts deliver that day. Which was supposed to be between 10:00-11:00AM timeframe. I walked down to their shop to get the part around 10:30AM, and the delivery truck was pulling out. Went in and asked for the gent who I had talked to (Name escapes me now.), and he said give me a minute to see if they were in the delivery. Three mins later, he walked out with the thermostat. Said we had to wait a few mins for another gent to enter it into their inventory stock, and that he had just gave him the paper for the three thermostats they'd received that day. Total time for me at the parts counter was 15 mins. Pretty cool people!

Later that afternoon, Source Engineering Wax Valve and their Air Line Check Valves too, were installed. Drove down to Cummins NW, and 20 mins later the tech was their plugging in the computer to the rear port. He scratched his head a few mins, asked me to come look at his screen. My ECM was identified as being in either Brazil or Argentina (One of those two.), and he asked if I knew why. I told them that we'd had help trying to have a customer reprogram of the ECM, by a company out of Canada, who also had a programmer in Germany in the mix. Every back and forth attempt of reprogramming (Done in Washington State, with file transfers back and forth.) - would take 48 hours. They had not done a CAPS era ISL before, and were having problems. Due to time schedule, we ask the shop to go ahead and restore our 'as was saved ECM profile' which was from an ISL400 reprogram done in California two years earlier. That failed for some reason. And they had to call a mobile gent in with the write Cummins software to help. All he could do was get me back to ISL370, and even then he was not positive of all of the settings. (I had a print out of the config from the ISL400 out of the Cummins Cal Pacific shop, and he copped as much of that as possible. But, we were at ISL370 level again. He too noted the South American identification on the ECM. And we all concluded it was from the failed attempts to custom program the ECM.

So the tech at Cummins NW said well let's see what we can find for you with this Country Identification on it. He scrolled thru many configs, and finally said he had two to choose from. And we brought up the HP/Torque curves for both. They both had 400HP, so I chose the one with the flattest curve for Torque, the HP curves were pretty close, with the one I chose needing a bit more RPM's to reach max HP. (He said they were identified as OTR's engines.

I felt that the Tech went out of his way to help me make a good decision. And by the way, we compared that config with the California 400 config that Cummins Cap Pacific had used (Their only option in California.) - and I like the one a have now better. Of course that is looking on a computer screen, and as many have noted before, very minor difference between the ISL370 vs 400 in real world driving. A big more HP for hills, but the 370 Torque Curves were just about the same as the 400 in California config.

So a firm endorsement of Cummins NW:)!

Best to all, travel safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 Allure 31017
04 Allure Sold to a nice new owner! Now enjoying a 07 Magna Rembrandt 45' ISX600 #6775
"We're ONDROAD for THEJRNY!" (Toad and Coach license plates, say Hi if you see us!)