Skip to main content
Topic: Mind pause = a water drip from, well I don't know where? (Read 1606 times) previous topic - next topic

Mind pause = a water drip from, well I don't know where?

Yahoo Message Number: 111187
Hey Gang - I've banned my wife from reading this post, as she'd be shocked to know that I could ever have a brain pause/fart and forget something... Don't want to her to start questioning my "Word of Smitty!" family lore legend... (NOT!).

What:

I used our RV Water Store adjustable pressure regulator for helping my BIL on a project. We wanted a bit more water pressure, so I adjusted the setting up to 100psi. Project over, I placed the regulator back into the coach water bay storage area.

Now:

Flash forward two months, and we're traveling around now for starting our 5th week. Always hook up the regulator when going into a park or campground.

What I did not do, is reset the regulator. And I though I do recall seeing lower water pressure of mid 30's in one campground, I admit I did not check the gauge of the regulator each time I hooked up.

So now in a new location with high water pressure, got up this AM to go out and dump the grey. We'd both been impressed with how great it was to have a shower with pressure:)! Dripping water coming out of the bottom of the plumbing bay. I opened the access panel and reached in as far as I could in all directions. Bone dry. Removed the passenger side of the coaches access panel above our HydroHot - and with a flashlight shined in between the tanks all the way over to the other side. Could detect now signs of shiny water.

I'v readjusted the regulator back down to between 55-60PSI. Gauge reflects ~ 103PSI before I set it down. Oh and note, I did remove the access panel tot he full house water filter, and it too is bone dry.

I'm confused, not difficult to do, about two things:
1) I assume the coaches Whole House onboard regulator would have protected the coaches internal plumbing. But I mentioned the water pressure was high in the shower, and even the kitchen sink was stronger then normal. I'm suspicious the OEM onboard regulator was allowing too high of pressure into the coaches plumbing.

2) No signs of where the higher pressure coming in from the hose was leaking. With higher water pressure coming from the bib and attached to the normal water inlet location - where else should I look to find the water leak?

Will fool around with the coaches water regulator in the next few days, make sure the diaphragm is not ruptured, and take care of if it is...

Would appreciate any tips on where to look for leaks after high pressure assault of the coach:)! TIA, and best to all,

Smitty

04 Allure 31017
04 Allure Sold to a nice new owner! Now enjoying a 07 Magna Rembrandt 45' ISX600 #6775
"We're ONDROAD for THEJRNY!" (Toad and Coach license plates, say Hi if you see us!)

Re: Mind pause = a water drip from, well I don't know where?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111188
Think from what I have read, that you should not go ver 60psi and I think you have found out the hard. Hope they really made sturdier tanks.

I think I have a leak from where the water filer is, right inside the little door. Check that out.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111189
I had a leak like that after high water pressure at a park, and it was the black tank backflush hose/check valve. Once I reduced the pressure, the leak went away. You ought to be able to see those connections from the plumbing bay side with a good flashlight.

Greg

06 Magna 6642
2006 Magna Rembrandt C13
2016 Jeep GC toad

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111190
I have found leaks in previous CCs by using air pressure instead of water. I used a schreader (?) valve on the city water inlet side. You can hear the air whistling thru the leak. Adjust your air pressure to 60 psi. Just my 2 cents worth!

Dennis

'09 Allure 470 31700

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111197
Well after setting the regulator from the bib where it belonged, and letting things dry out for the balance of the day, no more leaking...

But dang if it sitll puzzles me why I could not feel moisture in the water bay thru the access door area. Pump, drain hoses, water fill above, bypass water manifold for filling the tank from shoe water, etc. - all intuit area...

Greg - I'll be removing the full waterway panel when we're home. (Going to ether instal Sea Level, or replace the 1/4 increment water probes.) When I do this, i'll crank up the water pressure in a controlled environment, and check those valves.

I have not yet taken apart the whole house regulator, which I can access readily the - well - access panel. May do that in the next few days, or as long as no more leaking - wait until we're home and doing the other stuff. Figure as long as the water pressure form the bib is contained, the coach plumbing should be safe too.

Thanks for the feedback from all of you, and best,

Smitty

04 Allure 31017
04 Allure Sold to a nice new owner! Now enjoying a 07 Magna Rembrandt 45' ISX600 #6775
"We're ONDROAD for THEJRNY!" (Toad and Coach license plates, say Hi if you see us!)