Skip to main content
Topic: Key Fob Front Door Locking Issue (Read 2122 times) previous topic - next topic

Key Fob Front Door Locking Issue

Yahoo Message Number: 111199
Loving my Lexa... but.... a few weeks ago I noticed my remote key fob stopped locking my front entrance door as well as some of my bay doors on my 2003 Lexa.

By chance is there a fuse that sits somewhere between the front door actuator and the 12 volt power supply? I see nothing in the manuals indicating as such.

I have validated that the actuators in the front door are working when I give them 12V.

The only thing I could see in the manual is the fuse for the alarm control box which is associated with the cargo bay lights. However that fuse is fine.

I'm at a loss.... everything worked several weeks back with the key fob but now the front door as well as some of the bay doors aren't responding to the key fob lock and unlock buttons.

Update... yesterday I had my two front windshields replaced. (Actually just one new one and the other one was re-installed). Probably just a coincidence but the key fob started locking and unlocking the front door again. ???????

Anyone have issues with intermittent front door locking via the key fob??

Thanks
David

2003 Lexa (6254)

Re: Key Fob Front Door Locking Issue

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111210
How old is the battery in the key fob? When they start getting weak, they respond as you are reporting. I don't believe there is a fuse inline for the door acutator. If it were just a few of the cargo doors, I'd question a loose wire or bad ground, but given it's the door as well, I doubt that is the issue. (I'm assuming you have a TriMark lock system).

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111212
There should be a board with 2 relays in the front run Bay. The relays wear out. Country Coach/Winnebago can have the boards rebuilt for you. Contact the parts guy there.

Rich 2002 Magna   
Rich

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111215
Wonderful!

Thank you!

David
2003 Lexa

SPS Commerce Infinite Retail Power

David Verette

Vice President, Partner Sales

P/F: 612-435-9424

dverette@...

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111218
I'm not sure which lock system it is actually. I purchased the coach in January of this years, so also not sure about the age of the key fob battery. So when the key fob battery gets weak it will actually project enough signal to activate some of the bay door locks but not all of them?

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111220
Sounds like the wires have come loose, or have broken on a few of your bay storage doors. Remove the inside fiberglass covers and have a look. I had this with one of mine, seems very common. If not the wires, check for voltage there to see if it is the lock itself.

Greg
06 Magna
2006 Magna Rembrandt C13
2016 Jeep GC toad

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 111222
Question: If you take the battery out of the key fob, does it lose it'd programing?

Comment: I understand the door latches need to be replaced.

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 111239
Assuming that the remote key fob checked out ok at one of your automotive stores, Check the four brass contacts on the inner bottom hinge side of the door. If they corrode the step, remote door lock and or panel door display may not work. Simply clean or burnish the contacts lightly and apply a dielectric grease or spray to solve the problem.

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 111243
Rich, have you had the relays replaced in your coach to address this same issue? If so, would mind snapping off a photo of the board/relays in question next time you are at your coach? Believe it or not, the entrance door lock started working again via the key fob.

Much appreciated!
David

2003 Lexa 6254

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 111250

Here's what it looks like out. There's nothing else like it in the front run Bay. It's never affected the front door just the bay doors.

Rich 2002 Magna

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 111251
David the actuators in your bay doors could also go bad. It's highly unlikely that all of them went bad simultaneously. Therefore the board is suspect. By the way the first thing to do is to replace the two 20 amp fuses if they're blown.

Rich