Skip to main content
Topic: clearance lights (Read 4046 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: clearance lights

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111557
I've changed them on my 06 Inspire. Just cut away the silicone remove the two screws holding the base, there is plenty of wire, butt splice the wiring install the light and re-silicone the light. The only problem is getting to the light. You need a 12 ladder or extension ladder.
Mike

2006 Inspire #51808

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111560
Has anyone changed the marker lights to LED's. I assume the removal and re-install would be the same. Interested in what was thought about the outcome.

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111561
Haven't changed the clearance lights to led's yet but I did change the rear tail to led's and they worked great. You can see them a whole lot better. Let us know how they work.
Mike

2006 Inspire

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111562
I had a RV service center try and change the tail light bulbs to LED. I had managed to remove a existing bulb ( I could not have done it any harder) and went to a LED web site and ordered replacements. The RV service center tried 3 LED bulb blew the fuses and gave up. I have since found that there is a replacement assembly for the rear tail light that includes LED bulbs.

I have also tried to change headlights, to HD. After sometime whatever was used I had a electrical piece that appeared to have melted. I believed the fix was to use a lower voltage bulb. I am having the headlight lens changed in a couple of week, cant wait to see how this goes.

I have also changed almost all of the interior lights and I am very pleased.

It is on the very long list of things to do. Its all about things that are broken money and time.

I really appreciate everyones comments.

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 111565
Yes, I have changed all my clearance lights both front & rear.
What is your question?
RJ

2005 CC Inspire #51264

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 111566
After removing screws, how do you remove the base? It feels like it still is connected to the coach.
Gordon

2005 Inspire #51481

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 111567
Mike

The base of my rear clearance lights do not have silicone around them They apparently are anchored somehow behind the light base. Thanks for the response.
Gordon

2005 Inspire #51481

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 111568
Gordon. When I replace the lights, they kinda stick, just pry loose with screwdriver. Be careful not to scratch the paint. They will come loose with a little effort. Don't be afraid their broken anyway.
Mike

06 Inspire

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 111570
Wally, with the new led units you can buy at most RV stores a pop on led lens that plugs into the original light socket. Easy change. Jim Veen, prior '96 Intrigue owner.

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 111572
I would generally agree that has been the case for the interior, not so much for the exterior.

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 111591
Jim,

I saw replacement lenses with the LED attached on the inside with a pigtale to connect to the existing socket some time ago but have not been able to fine then to match CC on line? a source you might have? Thank you and take care,
Chris

03 Magna 6269

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 111607
Chris, I made the change about 5-6 years ago including tail and backup lights and was very happy with the safety factor. I got my lights at a RV store in Grand Rapids Mi . If need I can find their name. Jim Veen, prior coach 96 Intrigue, 36 ft.

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 111649
here's a link to the porch light, the LED version, same size and company, requires a couple of new holes, much brighter.

Amazon.com: Thin-Lite OEM-LED162AP Weather Proof LED Ramp & Entry Light -...

Here's a link to the side markers, LED, amber and red. They are a sealed unit with pigtail, black and white wire coming out of back. Replaced all my red and amber side markers with them, direct replacement, just LED

Amazon.com: Maxxima M23015Y 14 LED Amber 4" Combination Clearance Marker...

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 111655
Chris, the less I got were by Bargmen, should be able to order from them. I have seen the tail and backup lenses at some camping worlds. If no luck I can check my source in Grand Rapids Mi as I am here for the Summer. Jim Veen