Skip to main content
Topic: Can't get entry door key to your block door (Read 1798 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't get entry door key to your block door

Yahoo Message Number: 111714
Can't seem to get the handle lock to open with key on 2003 Allure. It feels like it's trying to open but just won't quite get there. Any suggestions would be awesome.

Re: Can't get entry door key to your block door

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111716
On our 04 Allure, built Sept 2003, and seems to be an early model with some hybrid of 03 and 04 features - our door lock/latch stopped working too. (Locked out of the coach, in one of three dumping stations at Denali National Park. A not so graceful entry thru the the driver's side window - and I was able to move the coach, then 'persuaded' the door to open...)

I removed the panel, and found a "C" clip had vibrated off, and that allows some of the rod mechanism levers to stop working. Open up yours, tighten all of the screws, check for missing parts (Look in the base of the door:)!), and also check springs are hooked up and working.)

You might get lucky:)!

Best of luck to you,

Smitty
04 Allure Sold to a nice new owner! Now enjoying a 07 Magna Rembrandt 45' ISX600 #6775
"We're ONDROAD for THEJRNY!" (Toad and Coach license plates, say Hi if you see us!)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111717
Had that lock problem before. Usually squirting some graphite in the lock and working the key a bit does the job. When that has not done it, I have used a silicone lubricant (not WD40) with the straw sprayed in the the lock and that worked.

Michael

Inspire 51748

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111737
We once had the same door problem as Smitty. We had a 2004 Allure before it burned.