Skip to main content
Topic: 160 Amp Leece Neville Alternator Mod A0012824LC has a bad capacitor (Read 1635 times) previous topic - next topic

160 Amp Leece Neville Alternator Mod A0012824LC has a bad capacitor

Yahoo Message Number: 111910
Capacitor 51-27423-000 Eagle Design and Manufacturer with 5 wires. I can't locate this item, is there a work around?

Thanks,

Bobby

96 CC Magna 5325

Re: 160 Amp Leece Neville Alternator Mod A0012824LC has a bad capaci

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111990
I recently replaced my Leece Neville 160 amp A0012824LC alternator. The original had a module attached with no name or part number and 5 wires, only connected to the alternator. Wires went to positive, negative and the row of 3 terminals in a straight line. I am not sure what the function for this is, but the only thing to make sense to me is that it is a filter to protect electronics on the coach from electrical noise. New alternators appear identical with the same 3 terminals but do not come with this module.

I decided not to install the filter? module and have had no issues with static or any electronic problems. The new alternators do not need this module to function properly, and I believe the same holds true for the original alternator on the coach. I would remove the module from the alternator and see if the problem you had was solved.

I am sorry for the late response but have been away from the computer for a few days.

Dennis 2003 Allure #30884