Skip to main content
Topic: Norcold 1210 not working well? (Read 2974 times) previous topic - next topic

Norcold 1210 not working well?

Yahoo Message Number: 111933
Were in sacramento parked with the morning sun hitting refer side of coach. Been on the road for 7-8 weeks. Refer never worked real good, but seems like it slowly failing, we have had a number of days 104 plus . Everything works, refer staying 36-42, the frezer staying about 20-24. Is there a service that we need to get it working better. Have plans of replacing it with house unit, just have not found the time and the right vendor. We stay mostly Calif/Nv using the coach about 5 months a year. Any place anyone can suggest, moble repair for short term fix? Were at Roseville, Ca this week

mike spinetti

2008 country coach

las vegas...ORI Indio...Sacramento 702-592-1250

Re: Norcold 1210 not working well?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111936
We went through the same hell with our NeverCold. We did the Samsung swap at Oregon Motor Coach in Eugene and they did a great job.

I highly recommend them it's worth the drive and no sales tax.

Jim 07 Allure (now sold) #31570

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111939
Try Eric Olstrom in AZ. Find your best deal online (Amazon with free shipping for example). Have it shipped to Eric. Arrange install with him.

If you can hang in there until around thanksgiving, that's when you'll get the best deals, especially from Home Depot. Just start monitoring the ads. Look for Black Friday deals. Go to any HD to make the purchase. HD will delivery from the location closest to your installer.

Lee Z

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111940
We just returned from a trip and experienced the same problem with our Norcold. While in Las Vegas we called Desert Mobile RV Repair. Their diagnosis was the fridge vent cover wasn't allowing enough air to escape. They removed (cut away) the inside fins of the cover and was told to leave the door closed until the next morning That solved the problem. I suggest you see if this is your problem by removing your vent cover for a day (on a day with no rain predicted of course) to see if that solves your issue.
I found the guys at Desert Mobile RV Repair to be very professional in the knowledge and handling of our problem.
Charles

00 Allure 30555

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111945
Harry Lockwood, Sacramento area. X-contry coach employee….let me know and I will dig out his phone number.

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111961
Hi Mike we are in the Roseville area also. Affordable RV in Newcastle has served us well you might give them a call Darrell

2007 Intrigue 12075

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 111966
Mike,

We just had our Norcold replaced with the Samsung 18 cu. ft. Model at Oregon Motorcoach Center in Eugene. We were very pleased with both the level of service and quality of workmanship they provided. Matt (owner) along with many of his employees have many years of experience working at Country Coach. I'll be returning to them in the future for some other interior upgrades and would highly recommend them to any other coach owners.

Steve

2004 Allure 30990

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 111978
We replaced the Norcold with the Samsung at OMC in May. They did a fantastic job & have the expertise as they have done many change outs. Ordered the Refig from Home Depot on sale in Dec & had delivered to OMC.
A possible short term fix might be to put in another exhaust fan to move more air over heat exchanger fins.

Rich & Jan

2005 Inspire 51265

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 111981
I would have to say ditto on OMC, I am very pleased with all they do. Since you are in Roseville you are close to OMC, be careful of all that are traveling to OR for the big solar event.

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 111983
Wrong Roseville he is near Sacramento.

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

---

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 111984
I know where Roseville is, I have lived in CA since 1971. It's a hop skip and jump to get great service in Oregon.

Wally Falch
408-666-8566

Wfalch@...