Skip to main content
Topic: Concorde motorized antenna: HDTV? (Read 2835 times) previous topic - next topic

Concorde motorized antenna: HDTV?

Yahoo Message Number: 111965
Will the original Concorde motorized antenna on my 02 Magna work with the new over the air HDTV stations?

Rich 2002 Magna

Re: Concorde motorized antenna: HDTV?

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111980
Rich, an antenna is an antenna, is an antenna. It does not know the difference between analog signals or digital or digital high def signals. The digital signals are a more defined (narrow beam) signal and will require you to more precisely tune the antenna towards the transmitting station.

Don

''02 Intrigue 11427
'02 Intrigue #11427

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111987
Rich,

Is your Concord antenna and control box still working? I still have the original TV's in my 2003 Lexa and wanted to get the local digital stations so I went to Best Buy and purchased a digital to analog control box/tuner for $59 and it works slick....

However, I purchased the Lexa in Jan of this year and the Concord antenna is not raising when I push the raise button on the Braund Convord Controller. I don't know if the motor in the Convord head unit is seized or if the controller is bad. I manually loosened the screws on the antenna to raise it after installing the digital to analog converter box/tuner to see if indeed got over the air digital content.

I'm envious if your antenna system is still raising and turning with a touch of the button. Thinking of taking it apart today to see if I can find the problem. I know these Concord antennas and parts are virtually non existant from what I've read.

Thanks
David

2003 Lexa #6254

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111988
David:

Braund is still in biz, at least they were 6 months ago. I'd call the tech, whose name is Bob, and very helpful.

Tel: 269-965-2371

John Beach

06 Allure 31309

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 111993
If your Concord antenna is like the one I had on my coach then yes it will receive the digital signals as already said. However, the amplifier that was used on mine did nothing for the UHF channels which is where the digital channels are located. I was told by Concord to bypass the amplifier and go directly to the switch box.

pete

2000 40' Magna CAT C-10, #5892
Pete
 2000 40'  Magna #5892  CAT C-10

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 111995
Thank you, John! Connected with Bob at Barker Manufacturing this morning. He is truly an exceptional resource not to mention a really good guy. For anyone else hoping to still acquire parts for their Braund Concord Series 2 electronic antenna, spare parts have been depleted and no longer available. I dismantled my Concord OTA antenna this weekend which was more challenging than anticipated as the metal parts have virtually cemented together. That said, I found the culprit of my problem which was preventing the antenna to raise. The 12 volt motor which drives the gears gave up the ghost. In addition, the 12 volt motor screws had loosened and it was no longer engaging the gears. Getting to that motor was a bear with steel parts having seized together. Think I went up and down my 12 foot ladder 20 times in the dismanteling process. Got out of bed more slowly this morning. I purchased what I believe is a replacement 12 volt motor off Amazon and will see if we can add a few more years of operation to the Concord.

David
2003 Lexa

David:

Braund is still in biz, at least they were 6 months ago. I'd call the tech, whose name is Bob, and very helpful.

Tel: 269-965-2371

John Beach

06 Allure 31309

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 111997
A side note to this Concorde antenna thread. I removed the Concorde system from my 2000 Magna and have the antenna, amplifier and hookups as they were removed available. They are free to anyone in the DFW area or if you want to pay the cost of shipping elsewhere. The system was working when removed although it was to the point that I was going to rehab the wiring and give it a good overhaul. Let me know if interested.

Dan

2000 Magna #5788
Dan Siedschlag
2000 Magna #5788

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 111998
Antenna has been spoken for. Remaining parts still available.

Dan

2000 Magna #5788
Dan Siedschlag
2000 Magna #5788