Skip to main content
Topic: Burning Man 2018 (Read 2319 times) previous topic - next topic

Burning Man 2018

Yahoo Message Number: 112006
Hello,

I am looking for any Country Coach owners who may be attending Burning Man in August 2018. My wife and I would be interested in forming a theme camp with any owners who may be going in 2018.

Bob Benson
President

Statewide Restoration Services, LLC Water, Wind, Fire & Mold
Insurance Contractors
Cell: (941) 228-0084
Office: (941) 926-1020

3688 Country Place Boulevard
Sarasota, Florida 34233
Licensed and Insured
CGC 1507406

Re: Burning Man 2018

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 112008
Ding ding ding.... Pencil me in for 18. I wanted to go this year but not funded yet. Put me on the list as I am going before I get too old to enjoy.

Joe

2000 CC Allure #30476

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 112014
We will be there, my 4th trip and my wife's first. It is something everyone should see at least once. The world's most creative artists all in one place at one time. The heat and dust are hard on the body and the coach but staying in a CC makes it bearable even for the aged.

Jim Coshow

2005 Inspire 51501

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 112015
We will miss this one, and have never made any of the one's we had planned to attend before...

We have good friends who are multi year veteran's... AND WE WILL DO IT, BEFORE TOO MANY YEARS GO BY!!!!

Salute to those that go before us, and keep the legend alive - and more importantly, worthy...

Smitty

04 Allure 31017
04 Allure Sold to a nice new owner! Now enjoying a 07 Magna Rembrandt 45' ISX600 #6775
"We're ONDROAD for THEJRNY!" (Toad and Coach license plates, say Hi if you see us!)

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 112039
Burning Man is an interesting happening. A group of people living free on an alkali desert playa. Hot sun, dust (not just dust, alkali dust, eats your skin, makes you itch, miserable stuff), alkali dust permeates every inch of your coach. How do I know, we took a Tiffin Phaeton across the playa on a hunting expedition. Leaf blower and vacuum cleaner could not rid that coach of alkali. We owned a business on one of the routes to and from Burning Man and saw the absolutely wasted people returning, looking for a place to clean up and get rid of the alkali. If you value your Country Coach, you will drive it to Reno, park it in an RV park near there and rent a coach to take to Burning Man. Then you can, hopefully be wise enough, to get a room somewhere, take a couple of showers and then return the rental coach and claim your Country Coach and go down the road. As an aside, I am not a youngster, but I do remember the Phaeton and the inability to rid it of the residue of the Black Rock Desert Playa. I also remember the poor, wasted, but happy souls who came through our store wanting to wash up but learning that there were no public bathroom facilities in the building.

S. Brandt
2006 Intrigue

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 112041
Married into an old time Nevada ranching family for 45 years. Owned motorhomes for 44 years. Many years ago, before Burning Man, we took our motorhome over dirt roads through that area. Did so in spite of my wife's insisting we'd be real sorry. She was right.

Every window was closed up tight, and it did little good. The fine dust permeated the coach. We wound up taking every damn thing out of our the coach, every drawer, every cupboard, every closet, every storage area. Fine dust in abundant amounts EVERYWHERE, and on every thing in it. Every space had to be cleaned, and every item cleaned individually. We never did get all the dust out. A memorable trip. And once was enough.

You may have a tough time finding a motorhome rental in Reno if they know you want to go to Burning Man.

With all that said, Burning Man is a tremendously unique experience, and my wife talks about going.

But not in our motorhome!

Michael

Inspire 51748

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 112044
I've been to Burning Man 3 times in my CC Inspire and yes the dust is intense but it is cleanable. It takes me 8-10 hours and a river or water and I only manage to get 99%, the rest comes out on its own over the year. Driving for a few hours in the rain gets the last 1% out too.

I kept the inside much cleaner by placing 2 fine furnace filters on top of my ceiling vent fan and pulling filtered air into the coach 24 hours a day. This kept a positive air pressure in the coach, enough to keep much of the dust out. I had to change the filters every two days. Next trick is to tape every window and slide seam with blue painters tape to make a tight seal.

Those two precautions worked very well, I still found dust inside after the event but not a lot.

I like the idea of renting a coach but I guarantee you every RV this side of the Mississippi is rented for this event and at a premium price. Plus they typically charge $500-1000 non refundable cleaning charge. They know you're going to Burning Man because those participates (aka Burners) are the only people that will pay the inflated price to rent an RV in that week!

If you've never gone and want to try it go for 2-3 days midweek instead of the full week. You will get a taste and your coach will survive, after you clean it. It's sold out for 2017 but it will be back next year.

Jim Coshow

2005 Inspire 51501