Skip to main content
Topic: HWH Compressor Not Functioning (Read 1763 times) previous topic - next topic

HWH Compressor Not Functioning

Yahoo Message Number: 112031
My HWH compressor is not working. My control panel works and the coach levels by exhausting air until the bags are complete. I then start the engine and manually inflate the bags through the control panel.

I checked the breaker for the HWH compressor in the second panel, drivers side from the front. It appears I have a problem with the H19 ground wire. I have no idea where this ground wire goes to. Does some on have a clue?

Thanks 
Mark

07 Inspire 51985
Buena Vista CO

Re: HWH Compressor Not Functioning

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 112034
Mark,

I don't know where the wire goes but I would install a temporary, known good ground to see if that solves the problem. If so I would either prove up the existing ground or run a new permanent ground of the appropriate size.

Good luck

George in Birmingham(in Santa Fe for the summer) '03 Magna 6298
George in Birmingham
2003 Magna 6298

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 112035
George,

I was thinking the same thing, what size wire would you recommend? Can I run the ground straight to the battery ground?

Mark

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 112040
Mark,

I assume you can see the wires on the compressor. I would use the same size as originally installed. If you have your schematics the wire size is identified on that drawing.

George in Birmingham
'03 Magna 6298
George in Birmingham
2003 Magna 6298