Skip to main content
Topic: Update lights in coach (Read 1393 times) previous topic - next topic

Update lights in coach

Yahoo Message Number: 113267
I want to update the lights in my 2002 Allure to something nicer that one would see in a higher end coach. Currently I have fluoresent bulbs in a plastic type housing throughout the coach. I would like to upgrade to a nicer light fixture for the ceiling lights.

Where would one look online to buy these fixtures?

Thanks

Re: Update lights in coach

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 113269
Super Bright Leds or M4 just goggle them. I replaced the majority of ours. Just let me know.

Wally & Elta Mae
2007Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 113276
I bought rolls of LED's on Amazon. I did research on the lights beforehand, and ended up buying the SMD 5050's, around $10 for 16.4 feet. I did two 16" strips in each light, except over the bath vanity where I did 4 strips. They are adhesive backed. They do require either soldering of wires on the strips for power, or to buy slide on end connectors. So, I removed the flourescent transformers, bulbs, etc, and so all that is remaining s the back metal where I apply the strips.
I'm very happy with them, they are a bright white light. You can find "warm white" lights as well. And these are dimable with a separate dimmer control. I have not dimmed any of them.

Wes
Currently in Mexico
2000 CC Allure 36' #30443
Wes Owens
Full time, western US summer, Mexico 6 months over winter.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 113286
Hey there Wes that's awesome. I have been thinking about doing the same upgrade to our coach too. Do you have a pic or two just for giggles? We have the almost same coach.

Joe

2000 Allure #30476

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 113292
Interesting approach, please share your findings.

Wally & Elta Mae
2007Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 113294
Here is a pic with the light off. Simple fix, provides excellent light, very little heat (only warm on each LED), and no audible sound like with the florescent. And they use lots less power. And much better light.

I'm towing a garden with me as well on my custom car trailer. Currently growing tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, peas, carrots, onions, basil, mint, eggplant, okra, lettuce, spinach, arugula...

Wes
Currently in Mexico
36' 2000 CC Allure #30443
Wes Owens

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 113297
Here is a pic with the light off. Simple fix, provides excellent light, very little heat (only warm on each LED), and no audible sound like with the florescent. And they use lots less power. And much better light.

I'm towing a garden with me as well on my custom car trailer. Currently growing tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, peas, carrots, onions, basil, mint, eggplant, okra, lettuce, spinach, arugula...

Wes
Currently in Mexico
Wes Owens

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 113299

Wes
Currently in Mexico
Wes Owens