Skip to main content
Topic: Chassis Battery Opinions (Read 3286 times) previous topic - next topic

Chassis Battery Opinions

I'm starting to research replacing the Chassis Batteries on our 2007 Intrigue 530 CAT C-13.    We've owned the coach since 2016 and haven't every had a starting problem.  However, I can tell they are starting to age (they struggle through the first turn of the starting motor).    I'm thinking Interstate or Lifeline.  I know both are spendy, but I'm resigned to paying for quality and save the headaches down the road.    I'm guessing battery opinions are like tire opinions, everyone's got one.    Bring 'em on!
Jim and Jona Seifert
2007 Intrigue 530

Re: Chassis Battery Opinions

Reply #1
Not that I have any delusions that they are the best, but I needed a battery quickly last time I purchased a chassis battery.  Batteries + had a Duracell in stock for a reasonable price and in close proximity, it has lasted  4 years now without issues (knock on wood). 

Dale
05 Inspire 53477
Dale Collier
05 Inspire 53477

Reply #2
Thanks Dale
Jim and Jona Seifert
2007 Intrigue 530

Reply #3
I have had great success with Interstate.  The first one lasted almost 8 years.
Robert Braun
2006 CC Inspire

Reply #4
I'm starting to research replacing the Chassis Batteries on our 2007 Intrigue 530 CAT C-13.    We've owned the coach since 2016 and haven't every had a starting problem.  However, I can tell they are starting to age (they struggle through the first turn of the starting motor).    I'm thinking Interstate or Lifeline.  I know both are spendy, but I'm resigned to paying for quality and save the headaches down the road.    I'm guessing battery opinions are like tire opinions, everyone's got one.    Bring 'em on!
[/quote]

I have 2 Lifeline 8D's as my chassis batteries, they're still going strong after 11 years.
Rich 2002 Magna

Reply #5
I have a Lifeline 8D (just a single starting battery on my coach). It's been working flawlessly for about a year, and I really like that, as an AGM, it's completely sealed. I never need to check its fluid levels, it doesn't out-gas, and there hasn't been any issues with corrosion on the terminals.
-Dave
03 Allure 36 - 30897

Reply #6
I had good service from CAT 8D Maintenance Free (Which of course means, about every 6 months I'd pop the tops off of the cells, and usually pretend to top off with distilled water - as it is not Maintenance Free.). A former CC owner pointed me at that battery, as they had the highest CCA I could find at that time ,1500CCA. When I replaced it, I went with Lifeline's Starter 8D, and it's doing fine. Those who follow the RVGEEK's, will know they elected to go with Fullriver's Full Throttle (Believe it's called Full Throttle(?)) Type 31 AGM's... And that would also be a good choice...

Best to all, have fun, be safe,
Smitty
04 Allure 31017
04 Allure Sold to a nice new owner! Now enjoying a 07 Magna Rembrandt 45' ISX600 #6775
"We're ONDROAD for THEJRNY!" (Toad and Coach license plates, say Hi if you see us!)

Reply #7
I replaced my two 8Ds with Duracell from Sam's a few years ago. So far no probems and there are Sam's everywhere in case I do. If I need to relace again I will probably move to AGMs as the "maintenance free" still require adding water every 6 months or so.

Happy motoring!
David
98 CC Concept
98 CC Concept Alpha 40'

Reply #8
I put these in last year, they are great for chassis batteries. Colton recommended them.
2006 Magna Rembrandt C13
2016 Jeep GC toad