Skip to main content
Topic: My coach is leaning....... (Read 1408 times) previous topic - next topic

My coach is leaning.......

The used 2002 CC i just purchased is leaning. Drove it about 10 miles and it is still leaning. What is the most likely cause of this, what company made the air system, and where can I get it fixed? Thank You for your help. I know the compressor is working because i hear it expel excess air from time to time.

Re: My coach is leaning.......

Reply #1
Sounds like a bad Ride Height Valve. Feel free to contact me (OFF Forum) if you like.

Kevin Waite (Former Country Coach Service Tech. & Owner
K&M Mobile RV Repair LLC
95430 Noraton Rd.
Junction City, OR. 97448
541-953-6162 (Cell)
kvn.wt.7629@gmail.com

Reply #2
You probably have either a badly leaking airbag or more likely poorly adjusted or broken ride height adjusters. If an airbag, you will hear hissing when you kill the engine or you can visually see if it’s deflated. Ride height adjusters are pretty simple mechanical devices that operate air valves to bring coach airbags to a predetermined ride height. Easily inspected by any heavy truck tire shop. I’d check these two things first before proceeding to more complex (and expensive) causes like broken suspension parts, etc. HWH probably provided the air system for your coach. They are still in business and parts are available.
Roger and Susan
San Antonio TX
2008 Magna 630 Rembrandt (ISX 600)

Reply #3
Your coach should have 3 ride height valves. One in the front and 2 in the rear (left and right). Have your ride height valves checked or adjusted. Also, check your Travel Mode fuse (7.5 amp) located in the HWH Control Box under the right side of the dash.
Steve B, 2002 Intrigue #11382
Steve Bufty
2002 Intrigue #11382

Reply #4
As suggested by steve, could be you have a ride height valve failure.  The leaning could also be caused by a faulty HWH travel solenoid.  The air system for leveling was made by HWH in Moscow, IA, right off I-80 about halfway between Davenport and Iowa City.  They provide service at the factory and have parking places with electricity hookup.  If you decide to go there for service, call first and get an appointment.

The HWH control box is located in different locations depending on your model.  On my Magna it is in the electrical bay in front of the forward storage bay.  Search this forum for HWH 7.5 amp fuse and you will find lots of posts describing what to do.

I suggest you add your coach model and run # to your signature so those with similar coaches can better respond.

Pete
 2000 40'  Magna #5892  CAT C-10

Reply #5
Hi Cooper1951
I have a similar problem that occurs occasionally, that is, the left rear would not always come up to ride height.  I thought it was the ride height valve on the drivers’ side rear, but it turns out there was no air going to that valve.  Instead, on mine, it’s a sticky control valve.  There is a 6 pack of control valves under there that controls the air flow to the suspension.  My 6 pack has a bad valve. 
I suggest that you try the thing that I have to do sometimes. When mine fails to come up, I use the HWH controls to raise the rear above the drive ride height, then, let it lower back down to ride height.  Might work till you can get it fixed.
Ed 2000 Magna
Ed Recknagle
2000 Magna 36  #5738

Reply #6
How much is it leaning?

FYI. the HWH control is behind the panel in front of the passenger. Someone might have put a cabinet there so you will have to remove that to reach the control. No adjustments in it to monkey with.

Not knowing where you are makes it difficult to tell you where to go for repair.
'02 Intrigue #11427

Reply #7
Thanks to all of you that responded--very helpful. I live in Des moines, so it looks like a trip to the HWH factory would be time well spent.
mike

Reply #8
If your problem is a ride height valve, HWH won't work on it.  The ride height valve is part of the chassis and not part of the HWH system.  When I had a similar problem I figured it was either a ride height valve or one of the HWH valves.  I figured the hardest one to fix was the HWH valve so went to HWH first.  Turned out it was one of their valves.  Had it been a ride height valve almost any truck repair business can replace and adjust the ride height valve but they would have problems trying to source and replace the HWH valve.
Pete
 2000 40'  Magna #5892  CAT C-10