Skip to main content
Topic: HWH Air Leveling system adjustments (Read 1578 times) previous topic - next topic

HWH Air Leveling system adjustments

Hello All,

I am the new owner of a 2002 CC Allure 40'.  My wife and I are still familiarizing ourselves with this new vehicle and find myself in need of some assistance.  When the air leveling system completes its auto leveling, the vehicle is not totally level.  It gets close, but is still off maybe an inch (side to side) and maybe about 3" (front to back).  I understand there is a level sensing unit where adjustments can be made but I cannot seem to locate this device.  Can anyone possibly point me in the right direction as to where this sensing unit might be located?

Thank you,
Curt
Curt & Dana
2002 Allure 40' (2 Slide)
Winchester, TN.

Re: HWH Air Leveling system adjustments

Reply #1
I'm not sure yours is exactly the same but on my 02 Magna, the level sensing unit is located in the HWH box that is in the electrical bay under the driver seat. There are instructions available online as to how to  re-level the coach. There is a black plastic hexagonal shaped nut and also a screw at the end of the box pointing towards the front of the coach. That is where the adjustments are made.

Rich 2002 Magna

Reply #2
Our original leveling sensor was mounted above the ceiling of the first storage bay -- look for a mid-ship ceiling access hole.

When our leveling unit failed, HWH mounted the replacement on the floor behind the dash.
--
Tom
36' 2002 Allure #30792
--
Tom Harsch -- 2002 36' Allure #30791

Reply #3
I believe I've read that HWH only claims a precision of 1" side to side and 3" on a 40' coach front to back.  You don't say if the coach is always low on the left or right or always low on the front or back.  If it is consistently low on the same side and the same end of the coach then I would think an adjustment of the leveling sensor should help.

If you are going to adjust the level figure out which location in your coach you want to use as your reference.  Then with a level placed on that location, adjust the level sensor.  You need to know which leveling system you have.  Older systems like mine have a sensor located mid-coach accessed through a panel on the ceiling of the central storage bay.

HWH has considerable literature available on their website and you can download the correct manual once you identify the particular HWH system installed on your coach.
Pete
 2000 40'  Magna #5892  CAT C-10

Reply #4
Got it.  It was a bit of an easter egg hunt as the access for it was in Bay #3 but the sensor wasn't lined up with the access hole.  Maybe it had been relocated previously but nevertheless I was able to locate it and adjust it properly.

I certainly appreciate the guidance from all of your responses.  Thanks for the assistance!
Curt & Dana
2002 Allure 40' (2 Slide)
Winchester, TN.

Reply #5
I'm not sure yours is exactly the same but on my 02 Magna, the level sensing unit is located in the HWH box that is in the electrical bay under the driver seat. There are instructions available online as to how to  re-level the coach. There is a black plastic hexagonal shaped nut and also a screw at the end of the box pointing towards the front of the coach. That is where the adjustments are made.

Rich 2002 Magna
Rich, can you tell me which fuse controls the HWH system in your coach?
Thanks, Mike

Reply #6
Hi fellow C.C owners,just bought a 1997 affinity 40' Caterpillar pusher,Having a problem when camper is at rest,means to passenger side about 3" inches,anybody help?