Skip to main content
Topic: Replace ALL Dashboard Instrumentation on 2005 Allure 470: Advice? (Read 1116 times) previous topic - next topic

Replace ALL Dashboard Instrumentation on 2005 Allure 470: Advice?

Our dash gauges, particularly the ‘information’ light behind various messages, is very dim.  (Eg. “Wait for ignition” or ABS light, and other info light messages).  Also, the Exhaust Temp gauge is not working.

Has anyone replaced the entire dash with maybe more digital instrumentation-type? If so, what type of expense did you encounter once it was all finished?  Any recommendations of who might undertake such a modification?

Another part of this mod that we are contemplating is that the Nav system is outdated, and doesn’t appear to work... having a Garmin GPS suction-cupped to the dash, along with a Furion Camera system 7” display (our CC back up camera does not work)...and the Dash A/C does not work...  With all this going on, it seems like a total DASH and INSTRUMENT Upgrade might make the most sense.

Really appreciate the advice folks.  We are new to RVing, and this CC Allure 470 is a beautiful Coach....but we need some more current technology in the dash, instrumentation, A/C, navigation, back-up camera, and stereo system.  So your recommendations are very welcome.      Currently, down around the Tucson area, probably for another month to summer 2020...Covid virus thing.

Re: Replace ALL Dashboard Instrumentation on 2005 Allure 470: Advice?

Reply #1
Replacing the entire dash assembly is truly brain surgery.  The idiot lights have been replaced with LED, by other owners to make the lights brighter.  My Cummins 400 Allure did not come with an exhaust temp gauge, only water and tranny temp, maybe Cat?  However gauges can be replaced, or sensor replaced.  Sometimes it is simply a ground issue.  If you want to explore further call Eric Olstrom at Olstrom Custom Coach in Tucson.  He is a recognized expert (and great guy) and former CC employee.  He may guide your decision.

GPS, back up camera, over the road AC are easy upgrades and fixes.  Lots of options.

Brian
2007 Country Coach Allure 37 Sunset Bay 400ISL

Reply #2
Consider looking at the SilverLeaf site.  I run their VMSpc on a windows computer, Apple is not supported, and put a lot of gages on the computer screen.  I use a low cost tablet computer with a removable keyboard and place it in front of my existing gages.  The data is obtained from the engine plug under the dash.  If you can't find the engine connector the connections can be patched into the transmission plug.  You will need to buy an interface box for about $400 but the program is free. You can go online and download the program and play with it to see if you like what it does.
Pete
 2000 40'  Magna #5892  CAT C-10

Reply #3
This is what I did to our '02 Intrigue.
'02 Intrigue #11427

Reply #4
Don S.  AWESOME.  Would you be willing to share any info on what and who performed that upgrade?  Super Nice job.  You have given me hope!

Reply #5
Don S.  AWESOME.  Would you be willing to share any info on what and who performed that upgrade?  Super Nice job.  You have given me hope!

Very easy. Just call SilverLeaf and tell them what you want. Dale did all the work at one of our rallys in the Pacific NorthWet. He had the dash panel made, complete with all the cutouts and mounting hardware for the components. I kept the old Silverleaf model as seen on the left. I also had the AC/heater controls moved up onto the panel from where they were mounted before.  I would not let anyone but SilverLeaf do the mod.

One neat feature is that when you go into reverse, the entire panel becomes the rear backup camera monitor
'02 Intrigue #11427