Skip to main content
Topic: Entire 12V system not working (Read 1044 times) previous topic - next topic

Entire 12V system not working

I have a 2002 CC Magna. My entire 12V system is not working and I don't know why. No lights, no toilet flush, no tank readings, etc. Any ideas what fuse or breaker to look at? I  have tried to figure it out for 2 days.
Thanks,
Mike

Re: Entire 12V system not working

Reply #1
Have you checked the house battery disconnect switch near the front door.

On May 18, 2020 2:51 PM, Cooper1951 via Country

Reply #2
No, I was not aware of a disconnect switch being near the front door. Can you tell me exactly where it is located? Thank You

Reply #3
most coaches have a set of switches just inside the door on the left wall for steps, basement locks, patio light, etc.  Somewhat separate from that on the same wall is possibly a spring loaded switch labeled Battery disconnect or Disconnect 12V.  It can be inadvertently hit by pets and humans.  Its purpose is to kill all battery power to the house during storage in order to minimize parasitic discharge.  Sounds like that's your problem here. Just press it and release.

Roger
Roger and Susan
San Antonio TX
2008 Magna 630 Rembrandt (ISX 600)

Reply #4
No, I was not aware of a disconnect switch being near the front door. Can you tell me exactly where it is located? Thank You
Mike, it is likely that your disconnect switch is not by the door. I think that your Magna like mine, has that switch on the switch panel directly behind that drivers chair.

Good luck.
George in Birmingham
2003 Magna 6298

Reply #5
most coaches have a set of switches just inside the door on the left wall for steps, basement locks, patio light, etc.  Somewhat separate from that on the same wall is possibly a spring loaded switch labeled Battery disconnect or Disconnect 12V.  It can be inadvertently hit by pets and humans.  Its purpose is to kill all battery power to the house during storage in order to minimize parasitic discharge.  Sounds like that's your problem here. Just press it and release.

Roger

I have a 2002 Magna. The battery disconnect is on the instrument panel near the ceiling above the windshield. I would hate to see the pet that could hit it. But humans are quite capable.

Reply #6
Thanks to all that responded. Didn't have any luck myself, so having it checked out at truck repair shop.
Mike

Reply #7
I have 2002 Intrigue. In the right rear bay on the forward wall are 2 switches and 4 reset buttons. One of the switches and 2 of the breakers are for the house battery power and the other set is for the Chassis battery. They are well labeled. Hope this helps.
Steve '02 Intrigue
Steve Bufty
2002 Intrigue #11382