Skip to main content
Topic: solenoid on propane line (Read 1006 times) previous topic - next topic

solenoid on propane line

I am having trouble getting my refrig, stove, or hot water heater to function using LP gas. I replaced the regulator due to it's age and thinking that might be the problem, but it wasn't. I was wondering if anyone has had to replace the solenoid which is in the line after the regulator. Do you think that might be my problem? Thanks

Re: Replacing refrigerator vent cap on roof of RV

Reply #1
Are you looking at your old one from the side? Most covers that I have seen have the 4 screws on the top and they screw down vertically, not from the sides.
'02 Intrigue #11427

Re: solenoid on propane line

Reply #2
DID YOU TRY TO RESET THE LP DETECTOR IN THE GALLEY AREA NEAR THE FLOOR. THIS WILL RESET THE POWER TO THE SOLENOID VALVE, I JUST WENT THROUGH THIS HEADACE.... ;)
Jim NJ.
Jim & Elektra 2004 cc Allure

Re: solenoid on propane line

Reply #3
Feel the solenoid to see if it is warm.  If not, it probably isn't getting the voltage it needs to operate.  You could also use a voltmeter or test light to see if you have power to the solenoid.  Just having voltage doesn't mean it is working but at least you will know it is getting the voltage needed to work.  If it isn't getting voltage then suspect your LP alarm. 

By the way, what age and model coach do you have?  LP alarms have a typical life of 5 to 7 years.  That means that all of us CC owners should have replaced our alarms by now.  Of note, the original alarm in my 2000 Magna is no longer made and I ended up using a Safe-T-Alert 70-742 alarm that comes with a solenoid.  The 70-742 would not work with the original CCI solenoid on my coach.  Safe-T-Alert sells an alarm with the solenoid.  When it is time to replace Safe-T-Alert alarm you can't buy just the alarm but have to buy the alarm/solenoid kit.  The Safe-T-Alert alarm costs about $200.
Pete
 2000 40'  Magna #5892  CAT C-10