Skip to main content
Topic: Generator controls inside not working (Read 1014 times) previous topic - next topic

Generator controls inside not working

So recently On our 2008 Magna, I can no longer start or stop the generator from inside the coach.  The silver leaf just says fault and the start and stop buttons on the intelitec panel do nothing.  I can start and stop it from the switch on the generator itself no problem.  I have read posts about relays in the dash behind the tac and speed odometers but I can’t find anything there.  I have also reset the silver leaf system many times with no results.  Any ideas?  Thanks...
Rob Willard
2008 Magna
Charlotte NC

Re: Generator controls inside not working

Reply #1
Hi Rob,

Your Magna is much newer than mine, but remote wiring of the generator is likely the same. I have a small relay inside of the control box on my generator that had a loose connection causing the same problem you are having. There is also a square plastic electrical connector plugged into the control box that leads to your remote. Unplug it and look for corrosion or loose connections. 8)
Part-time meanderthal
'95 Magna 5233 - Luna

Reply #2
Thanks Dean,

You nailed it....  wire connection corrosion was the culprit.  I hard wired it and got it running while the new pigtail and Onan side harness are shipped.

Thanks !

Rob
Rob Willard
2008 Magna
Charlotte NC

Reply #3
Excellent. Thanks for sharing what you found. From my perspective, it is harder to find competent repair shops in recent years, so pooling our knowledge on this site leads to more enjoyable time on the road and less time in the shop.

What's with the Crutchfield label in the photo? I'm a Crutchfield fan too.
Part-time meanderthal
'95 Magna 5233 - Luna

Reply #4
Just some leftover labels I’m using,  from a previously purchased receiver...thanks again
Rob Willard
2008 Magna
Charlotte NC