Skip to main content
Topic: Replacement Tire Sensor (Read 1412 times) previous topic - next topic

Replacement Tire Sensor

I have a 2002 Intrigue with a Smarttire Tire Pressure Monitor. It was installed at the factory. I searched for replacement sensors and found very little information. The company no longer supports this unit.  I need new sensors and would prefer blow through if they are available. I they are not, What are your thoughts on the TST system?

Thank You,  Don
2002 Intrigue 36 
Serial #11393                                                                                                                                        ISL 8.9 370 HP.

Re: Replacement Tire Sensor

Reply #1
Bob Dickman Tire Center in Junction City, OR were the "go to" experts when it came to CC SmarTire systems. In the past they've been able to supply replacement transmitters even though Bendix no longer supports the RV industry. Give them a call -- or call Bendix directly; there are still some replacement parts listed on their website.

Let everyone know what you find out.
--
Tom Harsch
2002 Allure #30791
--
Tom Harsch -- 2002 36' Allure #30791

Reply #2
I bought some replacement transmitters from Dickman a few years ago when I bought new tires, but I think on the the next tire replacement I’m going to SmartTire. Net cost is probably about the same as the last transmitters were about $80 each.

Don Krahling
‘01 Intrigue #11238
Yuma, AZ
Currently in SW CO.

Reply #3
Kevin Waite has access to new batteries if I recall.  Great guy to deal with 541-953-6162

Reply #4
I don’t think the batteries are replaceable in the SmartTire.
Don Krahling

Reply #5
I bought some replacement transmitters from Dickman a few years ago when I bought new tires, but I think on the the next tire replacement I’m going to SmartTire. Net cost is probably about the same as the last transmitters were about $80 each.

Don Krahling
‘01 Intrigue #11238
Yuma, AZ
Currently in SW CO.

At $80 each I would be better off getting a whole new system like the TST unit.
Thank You for the responses, Don
2002 Intrigue 36 
Serial #11393                                                                                                                                        ISL 8.9 370 HP.

Reply #6
If interested I'm going to be selling my system with 12 ea transmitters, it has the black and white display.
2004 Magna 42' 3 slide Chalet CC#6315M
C-15, 515HP 1650tq.

Reply #7
If interested I'm going to be selling my system with 12 ea transmitters, it has the black and white display.
PM me a price. Why so many sensors? How old is the unit?

Thank You,  Don
2002 Intrigue 36 

Reply #8
Coach has a tag so that's a total of 8, then my JK that's 4ea...12ea
4 sensors are new, 8 a few years old but just put batt's in
Display is black and white.
Model TM-507SE

I'm trying to find out if I can still get the Smart tire parts so I can tie to my Silverleaf.
If not may just get the RVi kit as I have their braking system.
C-15, 515HP 1650tq.

Reply #9
SmarTire parts and service are still available through Les Schwab (Bob Dickman) in Junction City Oregon. Call and ask for Paul Kintigh ... he's the SmarTire expert. 541-998-3319
Steve Bufty
2002 Intrigue #11382

Reply #10
Thanks, he'll be back Tuesday.
C-15, 515HP 1650tq.

Reply #11
SmarTire parts and service are still available through Les Schwab (Bob Dickman) in Junction City Oregon. Call and ask for Paul Kintigh ... he's the SmarTire expert. 541-998-3319

Thank You for all the responses. I will give them a call. If the sensors are expensive, I will just replace the whole system. Any recommendations besides the TST unit?

Thank You,  Don

2002 Intrigue 36 

Reply #12
Personal preference but I pulled the fuse on my Smart tire due to false alarms and too many alerts. I use  EEZTIRE with 12 sensors and antenna booster  Upgraded to their color monitor after a year but returned it—poor mount design and couldn’t read it with polarized sunglasses on. TST has good rep as well. Sometimes you can score a system discount at rallies—assuming we ever have one again!
Roger and Susan
San Antonio TX
2008 Magna 630 Rembrandt (ISX 600)