Skip to main content
Topic: Living Room Lights - 1998 CC Allure #30178 (Read 1073 times) previous topic - next topic

Living Room Lights - 1998 CC Allure #30178

Granted I am working with a 23 yo coach and she sometimes has a attitude ... just saying.

I have gone through and replaced all light bulbs throughout - exterior and interior.  I am not able to get either of the living room wall lights to operate. 

I am attaching a couple of pics of my lights and a listing of the Automotive Wire Numbers. 

I have pulled all the fuses in the fuse box located adjacent to the battery bay with no success.  Ideas or suggestions are welcome.

thanks

Rodger
Rodger
1998 Country Coach Allure Rogue #30178 w/ 2011 Jeep Wrangler Oscar Mike - toad

Re: Living Room Lights - 1998 CC Allure #30178

Reply #1
Rodger:  If you are using LED light bulbs they are very sensitive to current one lead is for line and the other lead is for ground.  Most old style incandescent type light bulbs could care less but LED bulbs MUST be connected properly,  If the lights are wired in series, it could cause the whole series to not work.  If the lights work with incandescent lights but not LED, there is a polarity problem somewhere.

Jim and Jona Seifert

jim.jona.seifert@gmail.com 2007 Country Coach Intrigue Ovation 530 42' Coach #12150

525 Cat C13 Allison 6spd

Toads: 2014 Ford F150 / 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser w/ REMCO DS Disconnect.
Airforce 1 Brake system
Blue Ox Aventa II Towbar
Jim and Jona Seifert
2007 Intrigue 530

Reply #2
Thanks for the assistance.  I've replaced with new incandescent light bulbs ... and even exchanged the new light bulbs with the lamps in the bedroom.  Those lights and new bulbs work just fine. 

I'm not able to locate the specific wire that is connected to both of the living room lights.  I have a tester on order that should be here next week.  Once I have that I will remove the lights, see if I have power and try to trace the line.  I would think that it goes down into the basement bay(s).  Hopefully I can remove some panels and find where it comes from and/or connects to another power line.

I'm definitely not an electrician ... but I am learning. 
Rodger

Reply #3
Have they ever worked? I had one wall sconce with the switch on it have the switch break and no light I think they are fed from the overhead. On the one below the cabinet, look inside the cabinets for a wire run. The one on the slide is probably fed from one of the other lights and not from the basement
'02 Intrigue #11427

Reply #4
I had time today to work on it.  Yes, they worked when I purchased the coach a year ago, but they don't work now.  I pulled the stationary light fixture off the wall (as opposed to slide) and tested with the trickle charger running on the batteries ... 13 volts.  Bur there is rust on the light switch terminals.  So I'm thinking now that they have died together and the best thing to do is replace them with new lights.  Found a couple of led sconces that my wife likes via amazon and have ordered them.  They should be here in a couple of weeks and I hopefully will have the lights replaced and working. 
Rodger