Skip to main content
Topic: KING DOME (Read 1296 times) previous topic - next topic

KING DOME

Yahoo Message Number: 629
Well, our odyssey with Cummins was eleven days in one of the dirtest, greasiest shops I have ever seen, and I had to pay for all the shipping of the head, pistons, rods, etc to the tune of $500 out of pocket for warrenty work for an engine failure that was totally the fault of Cummins and with only 13000 mi. Turns out from the history of this engine, it had a air compressor failure due to frozen bushing before the unit was even sold, and Cummins just replaced the air compressor leaving all of the frozen bushing bits and pieces in the engine oil. We picked out a tablespoon full of chunks of metal in the oil pan. Turns out the warrenty with Cummins is damn near worthless apparently and now am in the process of determining who to link with Cummins (Country Coach, Holland Motors) in my small claims court suit.
They sure took me to the cleaners. Had to pay for bushings and items on the repair bill that even the parts man could not tell me what they were. I just praying for one more engine problem so I can use the three strick California Lemon Law and go for full refund of my purchase price or replacement coach.
This whole hassell has turned what was to be a real wondereful experience into a feeling that we can trust no one in the business and just wondering when our next breakdown on the road is going to occur.