Skip to main content
Topic: Kwikee Premier Step Model 42 (Read 658 times) previous topic - next topic

Kwikee Premier Step Model 42

Yahoo Message Number: 25606
I'm trying to repair the outside step motor for my 1998 Intrigue 40" which has the Kwikee Premier Step Model 42. Since Kwikee does not sell parts for rebuilding this motor I'm trying to find either a replacement motor or the parts necessary to rebuild mine. The motor appears be a standard type automotive power window motor; the markings on it are #012397 & #5973820. Does anyone know what year and model car this motor was used in? and/or a source for replacement parts for this motor.

I'm also try to repair the passenger side floor sliding step cover, there is no information about this system in my owners manuals; does anyone have the wiring diagram for the system. The problem I'm having is the step will extend out and stop at the end of its travel however it won't return inward. I believe it is either a bad limit switch or relay; I need more info to correctly diagnose this problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there quick fix available otherwise what is the procedure to access the limit switches on the slides

Paul Resnick

1998 Intrigue 40'

Re: Kwikee Premier Step Model 42

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 25608
Good Morning,

There are independent small shop motor re builders in most major cities. They would probably be listed in the yellow pages....automotive, electrical, re builders. Don't get frustrated by your problem. It's not a difficult fix and is preformed all the time by old car re builders.
I think and I'am not at my coach that the whole operating part of the slid floor is available thru the bay door under the drivers seat.
I hope this might be of some help.
Al Hermann

00 Affinity 5851