Skip to main content
Topic: Repair in Denton (Read 821 times) previous topic - next topic

Repair in Denton

Yahoo Message Number: 26784
I'm actually in Hurst. Someone mentioned a body shop in Denton so I was trying to find out who it was. I don't want to pay Buddy G anymore than I have to and maybe I don't have to here?

David

2002 Allure #30682
Hurst (Ft. Worth)

Re: Repair in Denton

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 26785
David

I don't think you have to worry too much about Buddy Gregg. When I contacted them about repair on my bay door they informed me about a week ago that they were booked until after December 7. L
Had the repair work done at Pro-Tech RV in Seguin , TX . 830 379-4100. They did a great job and had hookups out back for me to stay in the coach at night.

Bill & Judy Claypool
158 Rainbow Drive #5843
Livingston, TX 77399-1058

bill@... Intrigue 2004 42' 11696

530 957-7789

location of Bill & Judy http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=3035

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 26793
Just a note for the unfortunate RV that has to go into the body shop hospital. The paint system used on CC is Sikkens. So I believe that a shop using the same system and paint products would have a fair chance of matching and blending. I had a door repaired due to a blister and it was perfect match.
AL

00 affinity #5851

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 26802
David,I live in Southlake and use Buddy Gregg for some repairs, and I had a door fixed on a 01 Magna, by North Texas RV Repair. They are off of 35 & 380 in Denton. They do excellant work, but are not the low price spread.

Ray G

03 Magna 6267

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 26816
I live in fort worth and use Iron Horse RV in San Antonio, I know it is a trip but they do excellent work.I have used them for several years. They fix it right thr first time. The owner(Daryl Waltrop) is a RV owner and he understands your problems.
William
03 allure

raygrr@... wrote:

Repair in Denton

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 26862
I took the coach to North Texas RV Repair today. After a bit of discussion with the GM, it seems they do all of Buddy's paint and body work as a sub-contractor. Also, They are able to handle the other minor stuff needed done.
Thanks for the tip to go to them instead of paying Buddy's uplift on their job. North Texas does factory work for Prevost and Marathon, so I was impressed.
Maybe I found a better place (more responsive and easier to get service from, at least) than Buddy?

Regards,
David

'02 Allure

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 26863
I took the coach to North Texas RV Repair today. After a bit of discussion >with the GM, it seems they do all of >Buddy's paint and body work as a >sub-contractor. Also, They are able to handle the other minor stuff >needed >done.

Thanks for the tip to go to them instead of paying Buddy's uplift on their >job. North Texas does factory work for >Prevost and Marathon, so I was >impressed.
Do you think they'll pass the'uplift' saved on to you or simply pocket it??? How will you ever know?

Tom Fisher
Dallas, TX

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 26867
Yes, that's the spot. When I had the blister problem on the coach entry door Buddy Gregg was going to farm that job out to that Denton shop. I've heard over the years they have done good work, fair price. When I located a Sikkens paint user and worked on fiberglass here in KC decided to bring it back home. As it turned out the job was about $100.00 cheaper. But no plug in for the coach here.
I'm sure Buddy Gregg has to get something out of it. They run the coach up and back.
AL

00 affinity #5851