Skip to main content
Topic: Tires 95 Intrigue. (Read 799 times) previous topic - next topic

Tires 95 Intrigue.

Yahoo Message Number: 27781
Hi Y'all from down under Mobile, Alabama.
Just visited our local Goodyear dealer to shop for tires. Met a coach owner there with 3 of 6 bad tires (The new rv tire they recently came out with) DIDN'T BUY!

Currently have Toyo 255/75R22.5. Thinking of going to 275/R70 series for better load range & handling. I know that Michelen & Bridgestone are highly rated but come with a price. Question is, would going with larger size be a good move? Are there comparable brands that would save a buck or two?

Safety & warranty are my biggest concerns. Thought maybe you guys with "like" coaches could share your experiences.
Thanx in advance.
Rick Bradford

Re: Tires 95 Intrigue.

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 27782
I have a 99 Intrigue and switched from Toyo to the Goodyear Series 80 RV tire and have had no problems. The coach rides much better and I have not heard of any serious problems with Goodyear, but CC has switched to Michelin. Good luck, tire issues with CC have been around for years and I am not confident the issue has been resolved. Going with a larger size does mess up your speedometer, and if you have a right height value failure the coach tire will probably hit the frame/body.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 27822
So you want to save a buck or 2 on the most important part of your coach, good luck. Save it on something less important and buy the best you can at a tire dealer that deals in coach tire. Most truck tire dealers haven't a clue as to our needs.

Bill g. 2005 Magna #6425

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 27825
As the tire conversation raises its head again, some things never change. When I was going to re -rubber our coach my concerns were safety first. When looking at high end coaches the tire always seen was ridding on Michelin. There are many choices as to the use and price of replacement tires. There sizes were also available in load ranges and speed ratings, important considerations to RV owners along with our use...long distance sustained high speed. Trying to save a buck on tires makes zero sense. OEM (original equipment manufactures) usually use tires that just get the job done. TOYO would be a good example as just getting by. The ride after removing the TOYO egg shape tires, which by the way also smelled like eggs when hot was nite and day. Many of you are also aware that OEM tires have LESS rubber then replacements you purchase. You can always get by with a cheaper tire when new, as your coach is all new and the ride is tight. Little concern is given to tires when all is new. Bang for your Buck.
AL

00 affinity #5851 ... ridding on Michelin