Skip to main content
Topic: Leveling CCs...??s (Read 2426 times) previous topic - next topic

Leveling CCs...??s

Yahoo Message Number: 203
Another "Dummy Quesion"...when we are camping, we are finding that the automatic leveling system with the CC Intrigue is often not quite enough. On our walkthrough, the tech said "It's an old wive's tale about needing to be perfectly level for the refrigerator."..so we've ignored the little yellow light that shows we're "not quite" level.
However, we wonder if we should get some leveling blocks/wood, to carry and use those at times when the auto leveling doesn't seem to do its job. How often have you found you need to use "other leveling methods"? What have you found you use, etc. Thanks...Jan

Re: Leveling CCs...??s

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 204
I have been told that due to the technology built into refrigerators now that if the RV is level enough for you to be comfortable, the refrigerator will be just fine.

Art (2000 Intrigue)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 207
In 9bmj9c+cbcl@...>, on 04/19/01

at 09:42 AM, janmcneill@... said:

Jan,

If you do this long enough you will probably get in a situation where you need some additional leveling. We carry a couple of sets of the "linking" level blocks sold by Camping World. We've only used them a few times but it would have been very uncomfortable without them. We don't worry about the little yellow light if it feels level enough for us.

Jim

>Another "Dummy Quesion"...when we are camping, we are finding that the >automatic leveling system with the CC Intrigue is often not quite >enough. On our walkthrough, the tech said "It's an old wive's tale about >needing to be perfectly level for the refrigerator."..so we've ignored >the little yellow light that shows we're "not quite" level. However, we >wonder if we should get some leveling blocks/wood, to carry and use >those at times when the auto leveling doesn't seem to do its job. How >often have you found you need to use "other leveling methods"? What have >you found you use, etc. Thanks...Jan

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 208
Thanks for the info...glad to hear you don't worry about it either, but thanks for letting me know that we should carry them "just in case." Jan

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 209
Thanks, Art...glad to hear that what we were told is the truth. I won't worry too much, but I guess we'll carry a set of boards, just in case. Jan

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 225
--
Jan,

I do carry blocks when I get into a situation that I need more height that can be obtained with normal leveling. Many times I use the manual leveling on the air system instead of the automatic. Works great.
Norm

- In Country-Coach-Owners@y..., janmcneill@y... wrote:
Another "Dummy Quesion"...when we are camping, we are finding that > the automatic leveling system with the CC Intrigue is often not

quite

enough. On our walkthrough, the tech said "It's an old wive's tale > about needing to be perfectly level for the refrigerator."..so

we've

ignored the little yellow light that shows we're "not quite" level.
However, we wonder if we should get some leveling blocks/wood, to > carry and use those at times when the auto leveling doesn't seem to > do its job. How often have you found you need to use "other

leveling

Re: Leveling CCs and the hurricane heat

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 226
Has anyone used the plastic lego type blocks for their coach? I always assumed that the coach would be too heavy and have two packs in the garage. If I can use them I'll certainly put them in the basement for that rare occasion when I can't get level enough.
By the way, just for general info, the heating system problem is still not resolved. RISCO could not find any leaks in the system. Before I left his shop I made sure the fluid was exactly halfway in the sight glass. I went on a four night four hundred mile trip and smelled coolant every time I drove and when ever the heat was on. When I returned home, the system was down two more quarts. I'm really exasperated and am wondering if everyone has this kind of leakage or if it is only me.

Re: Leveling CCs and the hurricane heat

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 227
Regarding the leveling blocks I tried them and did not like them they are too flimsy and break to easy.

As far as the hurricane is concerned if you fill your antifreeze to the sight glass when the engine is cold you will blow it out of the overflow unless you put an overflow bottle in the system. I just don't fill it and only check it when the engine is good hot at traveling temperature