Skip to main content
Topic: John Knight post (Read 1394 times) previous topic - next topic

John Knight post

Yahoo Message Number: 28391
Well, John Knight, your back and what's going to happen here. I realize that you might of gotten off to a bad start a couple of weeks ago. It appears that your remarks lean toward the sales end of helping us. Your e-mail which posted on 1/16/07 says your" just trying to find potential customers".
This is one of the reasons I joined this web site. Each time we post our message one thing is required, coach number. Owners respond in this manner as that is the forum, Country Coach Owners.
Another item comes to mind .... if you are allowed to continue then another sales person will also feel he/she has the information to post. I really like this site and feel comfortable that "CC owners" can discuss coach topics and usually field our questions as the one who put up the" big bucks" to enjoy our toy.
Other CC owner members may or may not have the same opinion as me on this subject. Your comments are welcome.
Al

00 affinity #5851

Re: John Knight post

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 28393
Al,

We think that this site should be for owners only. Techs and sales people can be "quoted" by an owner that includes their coach number in their post. If everyone that is "just trying to find potential customers" is allowed, then this site would loose it's charm..IMHO.

Russ and Jean
05 Intrigue

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 28394
I agree.

George in Birmingham
'04 Allure 31038

Quote from: Russ and Jean
George in Birmingham
2003 Magna 6298

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 28395
I'm not opposed to having Techs and Sales people respond if they have something relevant to say. I agree this is not a "get some business" forum. I'm not opposed to having them put their position after their name. Techs and sales people should be knowledgeable about their product and could be very informative. My $0.02 worth on the subject.

Joe n Judy
98 Intrigue

Quote from: Russ and Jean
>
Al,

We think that this site should be for owners only. Techs and sales > people can be "quoted" by an owner that includes their coach

number

in their post. If everyone that is "just trying to find potential > customers" is allowed, then this site would loose it's charm..IMHO.

Russ and Jean
05 Intrigue

Quote from: Boateral@

>

> Well, John Knight, your back and what's going to happen here. I > realize that

> you might of gotten off to a bad start a couple of weeks ago.

It

appears

> that your remarks lean toward the sales end of helping us. Your

e-

mail which

> posted on 1/16/07 says your" just trying to find potential > customers".

> This is one of the reasons I joined this web site. Each time we > post our

> message one thing is required, coach number. Owners respond in > this manner as

> that is the forum, Country Coach Owners.
> Another item comes to mind .... if you are allowed to continue > then another

> sales person will also feel he/she has the information to

post.

I really

> like this site and feel comfortable that "CC owners" can

discuss

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 28396
Well I have been providing technical assistance you need to read all my posts. I have also met with several people through their e-mail assisting them in ways you cannot see. Yes, I do this for the gain of potiential customers, but I esablish a relationship with them before I offer sales assistance. I would never look up a cutomers info, and contact them without some type of written or typed expressed intrest, from them. Contacting people that way, would have a reverse effect of what I am trying to accomplish. By helping people in this forum with anything, it builds my relationships with people in the motorhome industry and it also allows me to see what is important to my customers. I am not abusing or using this forum to flash advertisemnt in anyones face or cluttering up the discussion with sales pitches. I am here to help anyone in any way I can and learn as much as I can, along the way. I understand your concern for wanting to maintain the atmoshere in your chat room. If you feel that I am more troublesome than help, contact the admin and let them evaluate my posts. Anyone on this chat forum can contact me anytime with any questions or comments related to this post or their bus. Thanks again, I hope to hear from all of you.

Sincerely,

John Knight Jr.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 28397
I agree no sales, I do like tech. help solving problems. I don,t care who they work for. I would not mind seeing some tech people from country coach. They could comment and be of alot of help. No sales.

william faver
03 allure

Boateral@... wrote:

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 28398
I would like to give my .02 worth re. CC site use excluding CC employees. Having been a member of the Airstream Yahoo Group for some time I have noticed that there are times when the Airstream owners are stumped with a problem of some sort. Or worse, they're making erroneous assumptions. It has been of great value for a member who happens to be a large S. Ca. dealer to come forward with valuable information. Information that would be difficult for an owner to come across. Again, just my experience. Will CC 1084 2000 Magna

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 28399
If you need any tech help contact me. You have my contact info or you can just drop me a post. I would be glad to help you in any way I can.
Thanks

John Knight Jr.

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 28400
So how about if the signature must include the name and employer too, if the post is not by an owner?.. But NO Sales please.

Russ and Jean
05 Intrigue

Quote from: Will Lister, Metta\[br\
Photography"]
I would like to give my .02 worth re. CC site use excluding CC
employees. Having been a member of the Airstream Yahoo Group for
some time I have noticed that there are times when the Airstream
owners are stumped with a problem of some sort. Or worse, they're
making erroneous assumptions. It has been of great value for a

member who happens to be a large S. Ca. dealer to come forward with
valuable information. Information that would be difficult for an
owner to come across. Again, just my experience. Will

CC 1084 2000 Magna

On Monday, January 22, 2007, at 10:35AM, "Joe" wrote:

>I'm not opposed to having Techs and Sales people respond if they
>have something relevant to say. I agree this is not a "get some
>business" forum. I'm not opposed to having them put their

position

after their name. Techs and sales people should be knowledgeable > >about their product and could be very informative. My $0.02

worth

on the subject.
>

>Joe n Judy
>98 Intrigue
>
>

[quote author=Russ and Jean"
>]
>>
>> Al,

>> We think that this site should be for owners only. Techs and

sales

people can be "quoted" by an owner that includes their coach > >number

>> in their post. If everyone that is "just trying to find

potential

customers" is allowed, then this site would loose it's

charm..IMHO.

>> Russ and Jean
>> 05 Intrigue
>> 11883
>>

Quote from: Boateral@
>> >

>> > Well, John Knight, your back and what's going to happen here.

I

realize that

>> > you might of gotten off to a bad start a couple of weeks ago.
>It

>> appears

>> > that your remarks lean toward the sales end of helping

us. Your

e-
>> mail which

>> > posted on 1/16/07 says your" just trying to find potential > >> customers".

>> > This is one of the reasons I joined this web site. Each time

we

post our

>> > message one thing is required, coach number. Owners respond

in

this manner as

>> > that is the forum, Country Coach Owners.
>> > Another item comes to mind .... if you are allowed to

continue

then another

>> > sales person will also feel he/she has the information to > >post.

>> I really

>> > like this site and feel comfortable that "CC owners" can > >discuss

>> coach topics

>> > and usually field our questions as the one who put up the"

big

bucks" to enjoy
>> > our toy.

>> > Other CC owner members may or may not have the same opinion

as

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 28401
John," Sales" of coaches, employee at Buddy Gregg MH Well you now have dug your heels in the ground on this one, John. It's just amazing that you are taking this position on this subject. The forum is" Country Coach Owners" and you are not a CC owner. Your whole intention is to befriend us in the hopes of buying a coach from you. I hope you reconsider your position on taking a little hint.
Here's another suggestion,

Why don't you start your own web site! AL

00 affinity #5851

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 28405
Re; Opening our Country Coach Owners group page to Sales and Tech opportunists seems to me to subvert the purpose of the page. As for knowledge etc, I'm continually impressed with both the breadth of knowledge idigenous to our owners group---and their willingness to share it with the less knowledgeable without cost. As has been proposed, some salespeople are knowledgable, but in some 80+ years of living, I've found that the ratio of knowledgable salespeople to minimal knowledge is about 1 to 20; where as the ratio of hucksters to the unknowledgable salespeople is about 20 to 1. Further as a long term reader/admirer of this page, I've found that unsolicited, spontaneous informed knowledge proferred by non-owner "Techies" to be virtually non-existant.

Thus in my not so humble opinion, I wholly support Al's position of restricting participation to CC Owners. Doing so may cause cause occasional suffering in ignorance as the price for protecting ourselves against exploitation by the self-serving.

Rog Wright
Intrigue 10861

All best rog

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 28406
Al,

I'm in your corner also. I feel as owners, there's no lack of knowledge on tech and maintenace issues. If one person doesn't know the answer, someone else always does. If I need the help of a sales person, I'll make sure to call one!

Dave and Carol Trotter
'01 Intrigue #11215

Re: John Knight post -- From Forum Moderator

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 28407
To everyone,

As the forum moderator, I agree that this forum is for the Country Coach Owner. However, that does not mean that other qualified people cannot assist us owners if they don't own a Country Coach.
It is my hope that someday we will have Country Coach Techs or Management assist us with their comments -- yet not own a Country Coach. This could extend to HWH, Silverleaf, Cummins, CAT, HydroHot, etc techs and management.

I welcome any qualified person who can provide assistance with questions about our Country Coaches, features and accessories.
Their assistance could indirectly lead to a potential sale by their company.

Just today, I had a nail in the tire of my GMC Envoy. The nearest tire shop repaired it. Was I surprise that their assistance/repair was free!!! Great promotion on their part. Helps me pick the next tire company I might want to go to when I need new auto tires.

If a sales, parts or service advisor for a company can assist with answers to our questions, we should welcome that.

Having said this, what I want EXCLUDED from the postings are any assistance, by an employee of a RV dealership, with locating an RV, or other assistance which could result in a direct sale. In this regard, John's recent post asking questions about the type of coach features a member was looking for, is out-of-line with these now stated guidelines. To me, it appeared to be fishing for information to find a coach in his inventory. I will counsel him on this. I expect all of the forum members to know how to look up RV dealerships and call them if they are interested in buying from a dealership. We don't need this assistance on the forum.

Finally, to assist us with identifying the source of all our posts, all owners should include the year, model and serial number of our coach. If posting about an engine, include the brand, model and HP. It would be nice for prospective buyers to state that below their name. Likewise, dealership employees should now include their dealship name, so that they can receive recognition for their helpful or erroneous assistance with technical items.

When we post to the forum, we should always ask ourselves "Does my post contibute to the forum or help a group of forum members?".
Please don't post personal replies like "Where are you now?" directly to the forum -- this can be done by replying directly to the individual.

Thank you.
Herb

Forum Moderator
2007 Allure #31466
www.wuncitykid.com/where

916-759-8000 (Verizon wireless)

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 28410
Quote from: Rogers Wright\[br\
] >

Re; Opening our Country Coach Owners group page to > Sales and Tech opportunists seems to me to subvert the > purpose of the page. As for knowledge etc, I'm > continually impressed with both the breadth of > knowledge idigenous to our owners group---and their > willingness to share it with the less knowledgeable > without cost. As has been proposed, some salespeople > are knowledgable, but in some 80+ years of living, > I've found that the ratio of knowledgable salespeople > to minimal knowledge is about 1 to 20; where as the > ratio of hucksters to the unknowledgable salespeople > is about 20 to 1. Further as a long term > reader/admirer of this page, I've found that > unsolicited, spontaneous informed knowledge proferred > by non-owner "Techies" to be virtually non-existant.

Thus in my not so humble opinion, I wholly support > Al's position of restricting participation to CC > Owners. Doing so may cause cause occasional suffering > in ignorance as the price for protecting ourselves > against exploitation by the self-serving.

Rog Wright
Intrigue 10861

All best rog
Great post Rog, you are a good writer. Its very rare to find someone who can articulate themselvs so well through text. Are you a lawyer? I also agree with your point about there being good tech advise by the owners. I have learned a wealth of info just from reading owners posts.

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 28411
Quote from: John Knight
[quote author=Rogers Wright

>
>

> Re; Opening our Country Coach Owners group page to > > Sales and Tech opportunists seems to me to subvert the > > purpose of the page. As for knowledge etc, I'm > > continually impressed with both the breadth of > > knowledge idigenous to our owners group---and their > > willingness to share it with the less knowledgeable > > without cost. As has been proposed, some salespeople > > are knowledgable, but in some 80+ years of living, > > I've found that the ratio of knowledgable salespeople > > to minimal knowledge is about 1 to 20; where as the > > ratio of hucksters to the unknowledgable salespeople > > is about 20 to 1. Further as a long term > > reader/admirer of this page, I've found that > > unsolicited, spontaneous informed knowledge proferred > > by non-owner "Techies" to be virtually non-existant.
>

> Thus in my not so humble opinion, I wholly support > > Al's position of restricting participation to CC > > Owners. Doing so may cause cause occasional suffering > > in ignorance as the price for protecting ourselves > > against exploitation by the self-serving.
>

> Rog Wright
> Intrigue 10861
>

> All best rog

Great post Rog, you are a good writer. Its very rare to find

someone

who can articulate themselvs so well through text. Are you a

lawyer?

I also agree with your point about there being good tech advise by > the owners. I have learned a wealth of info just from reading

owners

posts.

>Great post Rog Have'nt seen the word Huckster in a while.

AL

00 affinity #5851

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 28415
Well said Herb. As our moderator you have done a fantastic job in running this site. And as our moderator you set the rules. Anyone who has been a member of this site for anytime at all knows that we have gotten a lot of great information from techs, aftermarket vendors and yes even salespeople. My suggestion to the folks that don't like your guidlines, start their own group. Keep up the good work. Many thanks.

John and Merilee Flynn
05 Allure 31143

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 28416
I agree with John and Merilee. You have done a great job of running this site. Lets gethelp where ever we can get help.
William
03 allure

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 28418
Re: [Country-Coach-Owners] RE: John Knight post Yes Herb, you do a great job by yourself. I've helped start and run an RV group for our previous brand. Not always an easy job. I agree, we should be able to get help from any source. But also no sales tactics should be allowed publicly. That should be done in private.
Also we should not be so closed as to only allow owners to join our site. People looking for a CC will get great info about our rigs here. And might just buy one of yours that is for sale.

--
Sue,

'05, 42', Quad Slide Allure 31254 See where we are---

http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=3792

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 28419
Herb, your the boss and doing a great job you have our vote. Or as they say if the lift pump is working why change it?

Don & Sandy

36' 2001 Intrigue aka (Zorro) Honda CRV aka (Tornado)

Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 28421
Herb-the ground rules you've laid out are right on! Thanks for the great job you do moderating this exceptional forum--most appreciated.
Regards,

Steve & Linda

03' Allure, Newport 40'

Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 28424
Herb,

I appreciate the comments about sales persons and technician on the owners site but I believe we are being short sited in our belief that we should ban dealers from our site. Not everyone is out to screw us! In the RV world today much of getting things done and done right is about building relationships. Without this you are just another person who comes in with a problem and in many cases you get the worse teck and the worse service. How many times have you heard the comment that certain people get preferential treatment from CC. Well thats because we talk to everyone regardless of their opinion or objective. Some people will say that is not fair and we shouldn't have to do that but it works. Today there is more work then any RV dealer can handle, and I don't see that changing for quite a while. Sometimes I would rather hear from a knowledge person or CC teck then from some of our owners and I'm sure some of the owners would rather not hear from me. I also know there are several great tecks who look at this site but do not respond for fear of being put down for being here. I for one like hanging out at the Crown Club, talking to sale and service about the coach industry, and getting great service in a timely manner. When you show an interest in their business and problems you can get a lot more done. I need this type of service because if I can't fix it with a screw driver and a pair of plyers then it goes to a dealer. However I do a lot of research to make sure I know what they are doing then leave it to the experts, Thats one reason why I like this site.

Well thats my 2 cents.

Bill G. 2005 Magna #6425

Reply #22
Yahoo Message Number: 28430
Three Cheers, for ROGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOM/CAROL 2004 Intrigue 11731 -- Original Message -----

Reply #23
Yahoo Message Number: 28434
I get my e mails via Outlook express. It has the ability to block senders. I will do that to you, John Knight. Good by.

John Drebick, 06 Affinity 6550