Skip to main content
Topic: Rope Lighting (Read 1543 times) previous topic - next topic

Rope Lighting

Yahoo Message Number: 30092
Does anyone have any info on replacing Rope Lights. We have several out in each window and would like to know the difficulty in replacing.
Also do you have to buy direct from CC or can you buy from the supplier. Appreciate any information. Thanks in advance. Pete&Robin Sarno 2002 Magna.

Re: Rope Lighting

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 30093
Its kind of a pain. You have to pull that string of bulbs, out of the clear plastic housing and replace whole light string assembly. That wire on the inside has a special coating that keeps it electrically insulated. So make sure you sand or polish that covering off of any ends you solder back together. You can order direct from mfg. They are called Vista Manufacturing, their phone# (574-264-0711) Their website is www.vistamfg.com. Hope this was of some help.

John Knight Jr.

Buddy Gregg Motor Homes

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 30098
PETE

I HAVE REPLACE MY ROPE LIGHTS, IT IS NOT TOO BAD OF A JOB, YOU HAVE TO GO INSIDE THE CABINT ABOVE THE ROPE YOU WANT TO REPLACE. I GOT MINE FROM CC, NOT TOO BAD OF A PRICE

Charlie & Lorraine Zecman
2002 Magna # 6162
Florida

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 30102
We had a section by the front passenger side replaced at Jekyll Island (for free) and they carry precut lengths. Took tech about 10 minutes; rope is clipped in valance, so he pulled it down, clipped the wire leads, connected the new section and clipped it back up after trimming (cutting) off the excess, which was then plugged with some clear silicone caulk. Really pretty easy on ours.

Tom & Patty Crews
2000 Magna 5764
2005 Honda Pilot

Rope Lighting

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 56740
We have an 06 Magna and need to replace some of our rope lighting around the windows. Does anyone have a source for this 1/4" product? Thanks.

Ginny & Bill
06 Magna #6658

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 56748
Are you sure it's 1/4"? Mine is 3/8" dia. with 3" spacing. I just bought some but may not be the same manufacturer as mine but they probably have something that will work. They have a real neat product which is a led rope that has a diffuser to where it looks like a incandesant. Google Vista lights and look under there RV section. They will be very helpful if you give them a call. If you can't find any contact info, email me. I hunted about 20 hours trying to find the oem. They were the oem for my 2000 affinity but CC used other suppliers to my understanding.
2000 42ft Affinity bed and breakfest Kevin B

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 56756
Can someone give me some help on my rope lighting above the bedroom slide on the passenger side it does not work and I don't see how to get to the connections to see if it is a bad connection or a bad string of lights. My coach is a 2006 magna rembrandt #6584.

Tommmy Townsend

LAS VEGAS MOTOR COACH RESORT

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 56762
We just arrived at the Las Vegas Motor Coach Resort and wonder if there are any members of this forum in residence this week?

Our temporary home is lot 383 and right now we have the dirtiest coach in the resort after traveling through the rain and mud to get here!

David & Karen Roberts, Allure 31383

Re: LAS VEGAS MOTOR COACH RESORT

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 56767
..isn't that where the guy lives as he was the potential buyer of Country Coach as told by the Howard's a couple of months ago. The new type log or telephone post guy.
AL

00 affinity #5851