Skip to main content
Topic: Do you add anything to your diesel fuel? (Read 680 times) previous topic - next topic

Do you add anything to your diesel fuel?

Yahoo Message Number: 34707
I have read in the past about different coach owners using additives to increase lubricity to the fuel with the ULSD we are now buying. I parked next to another CC owner who is using three products to increase lubricity, eliminate micro organisms, and one for fuel preservation.
I started using Lucas Upper Cyl lube recently for increased lubricity.

Curious what products others are using and why. And any benefits noticed.

thanks for your comments.

Gerald Brawley 03 Intrigue 11651

Re: Do you add anything to your diesel fuel?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 34708
I stopped using additives. 1. Cummings told me it was not necessary. 2. The diesel you add chemicals to is also going to your Aqua Hot or related brand. 3. The additives are also going to the generator. My results were little effect on performance, and mileage. When our Aqua Hot came on at night we had to close the window the odor was so bad. I stopped adding the chemicals, and odor has not stopped, but better some.
I doubt the odor was related to the chemicals but I had forgotten about the support systems so I stopped pending further input from the CC group.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 34722
I have used Marvel Mystery Oil in all my boats and motorhomes. Never have taken an engine apart or had a failure, in 30 years.
That's my sorry and I'm sticking to it.
AL

00 affinity #5851

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 34806
Fred,

Got time to look up the msg. 30208 and 30189 you referred to a couple weeks ago. The Marvel Mystery oil is just that probably 3 W oil with some FU-FU. I guess that using it might not be necessary as a needed additive. Then on the other side of the coin, it can't hurt. The C-12 just keeps on running.
Thanks,
AL

00 affinity #5851