Skip to main content
Topic: New poll for Country-Coach-Owners (Read 848 times) previous topic - next topic

New poll for Country-Coach-Owners

Yahoo Message Number: 31980
Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the Country-Coach-Owners group:

How many of you have had paint blistering/bubbling on your slides.

o Yes
o Never

To vote, please visit the following web page: surveys?id=2520606
Note: Please do not reply to this message. Poll votes are not collected via email. To vote, you must go to Groups web site listed above.

Thanks!

New poll for Country-Coach-Owners

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 31988
Yes I have paint issues on both slide with the paint blistering. My CC is a magna 03.
Al 6213

Re: New poll for Country-Coach-Owners

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 57087
?
John,

It is all in the details (semantics) That may have caused the improper operation of the fan but is not actually a Fan Controller failure. In terms of trouble shooting a fan problem it would have to be a 10 in difficulty however.
There is however another sort of iffy case not covered. Once my fan would not come to high speed climbing a grade and the over heat warning light came on. It only did it once and so far has been fine. So I did experience some kind of failure (not the fan itself) that falls into the 'can fix what isn't broken' category and there is no undetermined check box.

Don Seager
2004 Allure

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 57089
Another piece of data that should be included is, what type of hydraulic system is installed.

My 08 Inspire has an Eaton variable volume pump (painted blue) (power steering pump not attached) which is controlled In a binary way from the controller which is either on or off.

The controller only has 2 electrical connections going into it.

The pump has a volume/pressure screw adjustment on it which determines the higher speed of the 2 radiator fans.

The controller which also has a screw adjustment on it determines the lower speed by keeping hydraulic pressure on a pilot line to the pump.
If the electrical connector is unplugged, then the fans will revert to the higher speed.

If anyone is wondering why I have accumulated this info, the reason is that we spent 2 and a half weeks disabled last summer, because the hydraulic pump failed as a result of having the wrong length PTO shaft installed from the wet kit. This placed internal axial pressure on the pump and PTO bearings, causing catastrophic failures.
The correct wet kit shaft is about 1/4 inch shorter.
The pump was beyond repair and the only available replacement pump was in Canada.

The PTO had to rebuilt.

We are out about $4300 for this repair and Chelsea so far is ignoring us.
I obtained the kit from JD who has been more than cooperative in trying to receive reimbursement and helping last summer to get the repair done.

I have no idea when CC switched over to this system.

Charlie

08 Inspire 52093

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 57094
No failure, 2004 Intrigue 11731, 63,000 miles, Cummins ISL 400. TWI

Original Message:
-----------------

From: jhbii@... Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 10:30:16 -0500 To: Country-Coach-Owners@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [Country-Coach-Owners] New poll for Country-Coach-Owners

There is another cause for the controller failure which you have not listed. The other cause is: CC did not program the Fan Control setting on the engine ECM correctly.

John Beach

06 Allure, 31309

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 57098
No failure 2000 Affinity #5851 C-12 Cat @ 62100 miles.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 57107
The way I see it you both are correct. Sauer programs the FDCA to CC's specs for the cooling system. CC programs the engine to send a signal from the ECM asking for cooling at a specified temps the ECM sees.

Chuck & Mary B

Laughlin, NV

Shelby Dog, Miss Kitty, Mr Lucky Cat

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 57113

Herb

One thing I think should be included in your poll is a box for 'was it installed/ wired correctly'? My coach was miss-wired causing it to run at the wrong speed at the wrong time. That was quite the problem to find. And then there was the sensor failure at a later date.
Perhaps a box for installed correctly and one for other? Murphy's Law states there are more ways to error than you can think of.

Poll Location:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Country-Coach-Owners/surveys?id=2953747
ddtuttle

aka Billy Byte (trusty hound)
2000 Allure #30443

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 57118
RE: New Poll: 1999 Allure # 30307. 136,000 miles, zero issues or problems with fan controller. Cummins ISC 350.

W. S. (Bill) Burford
CAMS

602-331-5455 ofc
602-920-4300 cell

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 68393
Could we get one of these for shocks

John Shankland

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 68404
What's the deal with the survey and who posted it ? Unsigned ??? Someone gathering active email addresses? I was understanding there was a take over "coo" so who is in charge at CCI. ?
Another thing....as usual where is all the money at CCI ? Someone was advertising a $160 dinner ? I think that was Jerry O.

AL

00 affinity #5851