Skip to main content
Topic: (no subject) (Read 686 times) previous topic - next topic

(no subject)

Yahoo Message Number: 37564
Would someone explain why the coach batteries are 'maintenance free' while the chassis battery is not. What is the approximate cost to replace either?

--

Judy & Larry
04 Allure 31097
living in Tucson

Batteries

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 37567
AGM 'maintenance free' batteries were offered as an option on our 07 Allure. We asked for AGM starting batteries. They said they were not normally stocked but did order them for us.

Don't remember the cost but I don't think it was a big deal.

Jim

07 Allure #31570

Quote from: Judy & Larry\[br\
Gallagher"] >

Would someone explain why the coach batteries are 'maintenance
free' while the chassis battery is not. What is the approximate cost to replace either?

Re: Batteries

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 37571
Quote from: forhisvery
AGM 'maintenance free' batteries were offered as an option on our

Allure. We asked for AGM starting batteries. They said they were > not normally stocked but did order them for us.

Jim

07 Allure #31570

Quote from: Judy & Larry
Gallagher"
her"]
>
>
>

> Would someone explain why the coach batteries are 'maintenance > free' while the chassis battery is not. What is the approximate

cost
'02 Intrigue #11427

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 37572
I did some research before I replaced our batteries as I wanted to go AGM all the way. I talked to Concord, maker of Lifelines, and was told that the Lifeline AGM could easily serve as a starter battery.
In fact, the Lifeline AGM is used in all kinds of aircraft as a whole system battery. I don't know which environment is worse, the cold for aircraft or the vibration of a coach.

I went with the AGMs for the chassis and house. So far, after 4 years, everything is ok.

At the recent FMCA Pomona convention, I inquired about prices for 8Ds and was floored. The show price for a Lifeline 8D was quoted at $675!

Quote from: forhisvery
AGM 'maintenance free' batteries were offered as an option on our

Allure. We asked for AGM starting batteries. They said they were > not normally stocked but did order them for us.

Jim

07 Allure #31570

Quote from: Judy & Larry
Gallagher"
her"]
>
>
>

> Would someone explain why the coach batteries are 'maintenance > free' while the chassis battery is not. What is the approximate

cost
'02 Intrigue #11427

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 37586
Ouch on the price!!!!!

My two Lifeline house batteries are going on 8 years and my Lifeline Chassis battery is going on 6+ years. Not bad--no mess or fuss in maintaining the batteries for 8 years and who knows for how much longer.

Egon

'99 Allure #30321
'02 Tahoe Z71