Skip to main content
Topic: Honda CR-V & Blue Ox (Read 2139 times) previous topic - next topic

Honda CR-V & Blue Ox

Yahoo Message Number: 258
Hello everyone,

I too looked into getting a Blue Ox setup for our new Honda CR-V. It works Great ! Just like the previously mentioned Saturn. You can't go wrong with a Blue Ox setup !

JM2CW !
Bob

Re: Honda CR-V & Blue Ox

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 264
Hi JM2CW,

I am in the market for a new toe car. I am currently toeing a Ford Crown Victoria ( auto transmission). Had to have Camping World install equipment that disconnects the drive shaft via a "pull-out" cable under the driver's seat. Is your Honda CR-V auto transmission or std. shift? If auto transmission did you have similar drive shaft disconnect install?

Thanks, Norris

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 267
Quote from: Lenamond" \[br\
\[br\] Hi Norris,\[br\] My CR\-V is a auto trans \. All you have to do is shift it thru the\[br\] gears and make sure you go from drive to neutral, NOT FROM REVERSE,\[br\] put the ignition switch , key, in accessory and hookup and you are all\[br\] set\. No additional Remco pump stuff etc\. Honda auto trans cars are \[br\] able to be towed with no problems\. They have a section in their owners\[br\] manual that states how to tow with an RV\. It's real simple\.\.\.\.\.We love\[br\] it\!\.\.\.\.\. It's a Great Toad and easy to setup \!\[br\]\[br\] Bob\[br\]\[br\]] > Hi JM2CW,

I am in the market for a new toe car. I am currently toeing a Ford
Crown Victoria ( auto transmission). Had to have Camping World install equipment that disconnects the drive shaft via a "pull-out" cable under the driver's seat. Is your Honda CR-V auto transmission or std. shift? If auto transmission did you have similar drive shaft disconnect install?

>

Thanks, Norris

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 269
Hi Bob, We are also interested in your Honda CR-V to pull behind our CC. with a Blue Ox. I have heard that on some tow vehicles you need to stop every 200 miles go back and start the tow car and run it a few minutes, also that you shouldn't it over 55 miles per hour. Does this also apply to the Honda like your's. Thanks Jim Packard

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 271
Hi Jim Packard The addition to the manual says every "250 miles repeat the set up". I don't recall any speed limit and I'm sure not observing one!

Bob Ewing

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 277
If you want a little bit of a bigger car/suv. Ford has a very easy solution with their Explorer. You must have the V6 engine. You simply put the car in nuetral and keep your foot on the brake. Turn the engine off and hold you foot on the brake pedal for about 30 seconds until a little yellow light glows steadily. You're done. The transmission is electronically disconnected, no miles are registered. It has worked well for me for just over 3 years.

Best of luck with your decision.
Den

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 283
Thanks so much Bob, sounds like the answer for us. I appreciate your information. Jim