Skip to main content
Topic: Ice maker question (Read 722 times) previous topic - next topic

Ice maker question

Yahoo Message Number: 41971
My Dometic side by side refer has all of a sudden gotten very slow to make ice cubes. Two days ago, we had plenty of ice every day and now all of a sudden, it is not keeping up with the demand.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Our coach is a 2001 Affinity #5952

Ice maker question

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 41972
The ability to make ice is directly related to the temperature of the freezer. The colder the freezer the faster the ice.
Has anything changed in this regard? Lower temp setting? Not set to electric? Hotter climate where you are now? Out of gas?

John

Re: Ice maker question

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 41974
Slowpoke... Gordo here.

I'd have to say you need to slow down on the cocktails :o)

Gordo

99 Allure 30344

My Dometic side by side refer has all of a sudden gotten very slow to make ice cubes. Two days ago, we had plenty of ice every day and now all of a sudden, it is not keeping up with the demand.

Our coach is a 2001 Affinity #5952

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 41975
Quote from: Gordo \[br\
]
Slowpoke... Gordo here.

I'd have to say you need to slow down on the cocktails :o) > Gordo

99 Allure 30344

My Dometic side by side refer has all of a sudden gotten very slow to > make ice cubes. Two days ago, we had plenty of ice every day and now > all of a sudden, it is not keeping up with the demand.

Our coach is a 2001 Affinity #5952 >
Gordo, You sound like my wife.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 41976
Quote from: Gordo \[br\
]
Slowpoke... Gordo here.

I'd have to say you need to slow down on the cocktails :o) > Gordo

99 Allure 30344

My Dometic side by side refer has all of a sudden gotten very slow to > make ice cubes. Two days ago, we had plenty of ice every day and now > all of a sudden, it is not keeping up with the demand.

Gordo, You sound like my wife.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 41978
Slowpoke... Gordo here

Oh never meant to sound that way. I had the very same problem. I fixed mine to some degree by covering the water line with a thick-ish insulating foam tube (inlet to water valve). Then I replaced the rear pancake fans with larger CFM units. The faster the refer dissipates heat the cooler the interior becomes. Plus the cooler the ice makers water is coming in, the faster the cubes can fall into my cocktail glass. But even this fix doesn't always seem to keep up with my drinking habits, all the time.

To fix this huge issue (in my world) I bought one of those portable camping worlds ice making machines. To my surprise it works very well.
The 199 price tag was recouped in one short summers use. Of course with all this extra ice begging to be used. My liquor bill went up. So I think it's a wash cost wise ;o)

Gordo

99 Allure 30344

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 41980
Quote from: slowpoke775@\.\.\.
> > My Dometic side by side refer has all of a sudden gotten very slow to > make ice cubes. Two days ago, we had plenty of ice every day and now > all of a sudden, it is not keeping up with the demand.

STOP DRINKING

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 41989
Quote from: fricarv
[quote author=slowpoke775@"

>

> My Dometic side by side refer has all of a sudden gotten very

slow to

make ice cubes. Two days ago, we had plenty of ice every day and

now

all of a sudden, it is not keeping up with the demand.
>

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>

> Our coach is a 2001 Affinity #5952 > >

STOP DRINKING
I love ice water.