Skip to main content
Topic: Why Allure or Higher? (Read 1233 times) previous topic - next topic

Why Allure or Higher?

Yahoo Message Number: 43296
I am interested in a new Country Coach. I want to use it for up to 10 trips per year and a maximum of ten days on any one trip. I have been reading and trying to learn what I can from this forum and another that I have been reading for a few months. I have compared the technical and optional differences between the Allure and Inspire. I have read posts several times that have advised to look at the Country Coach Allure or Higher? What is wrong with the "Inspire"?

Thanks in advance, for any "frank" honest opinions.

Adam

Re: Why Allure or Higher?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 43298
Greetings Adam.

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with the Inspire. I own an 04 the very first year of the Inspire and mine is # 12 off the line and have had very little trouble with it. Its not as fancy and lacks the bells and whistles of the higher models. although the newer Inspire is not the Inspire of old , since 04 it has grown up and with the changes and improvements CC has made it is higher priced now then it was in 04 so I think its a great machine, very reliable, comfortable, easy to operate and is much better than other manufactures higher end models. I am a full timer and for me its perfect. Everything I want in a motorhome. Good luck in your search.

Jerry

2004 Inspire 51012

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 43300
Adam,

We love our 05 Inspire although it doesn't have as many fancy interior decorations or the heated floors it serves our purpose well and rides and drives very nice.
John

05 Inspire

Quote from: adamhart888

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 43302
Adam,

I highly recommend you drive both before you decide. Like buying a pair of shoes, you pretty much know which ones feel right in the store. I've owned (2) Allure's.

Thanks, Mike 03 Allure 1st Ave #30898

- In Country-Coach-Owners@yahoogroups.com, "adamhart888" wrote:

>

I am interested in a new Country Coach. I want to use it for up to 10 > trips per year and a maximum of ten days on any one trip. I have been > reading and trying to learn what I can from this forum and another

that

I have been reading for a few months. I have compared the technical

and

optional differences between the Allure and Inspire. I have read

several times that have advised to look at the Country Coach Allure

or

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 43306
We have an 05 Inspire as well. I think it is a fine coach which has severed us well even though we have only had it 1 year and 10,000 miles. In addition to a few more potential amenities (not on all Allures) like Hydrohot heating and floor heat (which are now available on Inspires), the big differences between the Inspire and the Allure would be the tag axle and the engine brake. That means more carrying capacity and unfortunately, in the 40 ft. comparables, a little less storage in the Allures.
Our Inspire has been weighed "on the road" (full fuel and 1/2 water, no black or grey) and we have about 1000 lbs. left after full load. This is all left on the front axle only. The rear is within 250 lbs of it's capacity.
The new Inspires have an additional 4000 lbs. of capacity but they probably weigh more than our 05 dry.
From what you have described as your usage - not full time so probably not loaded with a lot of extra stuff - the Inspire would be a good choice and will save you significant $$. It has a very comfortable ride, plenty of power with the 400HP, even more with a newer model - 425HP.
All coaches have issues but I think the Inspire is a very good middle model.
I have actually looked at a few Allures but since I hvae trade which would be heavily discounted in a trade deal, I don't yet see the value in forking out the extra $ to get a few more goodies.
If I were buying from scratch again (no trade) I would certainly look at the Allures because there are some good deals around for the 07's.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 43312
Adam,

We have an '06 Inspire and we love it. We would buy it again in a heartbeat. We have had a few issues with it but nothing you wouldn't have with the Allure - small stuff. We have traveled for as long as 5 weeks and have found the coach to be perfect. We have been extremely pleased with the handling, performance, comfort, dependability and the support of Country Coach. We have looked at all the CC's at the rally and we still love ours. One of the things we love about ours is we don't have a lot of the complicated stuff so it works when it's suppose to while having all the chassis and performance benefits of the Country Coach. I think people say to look at the higher lines since you can get great deals now - especially in the used market. Maybe if you were a full timer it might make more sense to buy higher for more cargo capacity - that's a hard call to make. Good luck in your decision - you won't go wrong with either. Let us know when you decide.

Safe Travels,
Kathy

'06 Inspire 36' Sienna #51782

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 43313
The Inspire has evolved radically over its life style where the Allure has risen to its position more gracefully. Once upon a time an Allure and Intrigue were close cousins as are the Magna and Affinity. But when they really upgraded the Intrigue in 06 it grew into an off shoot of the Magna and is built on the same production line. The Allure remained on the Intrigue Allure line after the Intrigue left and was joined by the Inspire and Tribute. Having watched the developments the Allure with its 430 and 470 versions gives the potential owner a path to choose just the right options for his or hers uses. With the 45' rear bath you get a choice of a larger engine. Once upon time cabinet structuring was one of the differences between Intrigue and Allure, as was the choices in paint quality, storage bay types, heating systems, #'s of Air conditioners, etc.
But, that is now the choice difference between Allure and Inspire. Also Intrigues got the better fiber-glass, as Allure and Inspire owners found out. But as of 07 all that changed for the better. So differences today are cabinet construction, engine choices, under floor storage and layout. Choice of accessories, lighting, wood types, carpet, tile etc are more vast with Allure. If you are looking at built coaches, then it's what you see is what you get, but knowing all the options that were available should steer you away from the wrong coach for you. I always thought CC should print a difference list for each coach. So it would be easier for the new buyer to shop. By the way there is a difference in weights of carpet and padding, conveyance of system layouts and access, but that you must decide for yourself.
TWI 2004 Intrigue 11731

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 43323
Adam

Have you talked with Damon Rapozo (damon.rapozo@... ) yet? He is with Guaranty RV in Junction City and is very knowledgeable on the County Coach line.

Bill & Judy Claypool

158 Rainbow Drive #5843
Livingston, TX 77399-1058

bill@... Intrigue 2004 42' 11696

530 957-7789

location of Bill & Judy http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=3035

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 43326
Hi:

I have a 2007, Allure 470. It has been a great coach. Read the specs, try them out, and buy what you feel comfortable with.

Bob

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 43368
Hi Adam,

I agree with Bill and Judy. Give Damon a call and he will point out the differences for you. He is very knowledgeable and he is best salesman I have ever met in the RV industry. He probably knows more about Country Coach than anyone else. He can even tell you the differences in each model year.

Rick,

CC Allure, 31018

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 43371
Given that you are only going to use the coach 10 times a year, I'd probably lean toward a gently used CC. It's a big savings and there a number of very good deals around out there now.

Most any CC will do very nicely...either Inspire or Allure.

David

'02 Allure #30682