Skip to main content
Topic: Article on CC (Read 524 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Article on CC-And comment by Jim Spivey

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 44073
Sad news, but a flicker of interesting thought flamed up in my mind after reading this and other news articles. My thought is simple who gets the haircut so that a smaller CC can be formed? Who owns the land to have such a facility? Who is already working on coaches and making modification and upgrades including service etc? Who probably thought the Veranda was a dumb idea?
If you have a guess let me know, but the down side is the same guy who got this started also hired and supported the Howard's which are certainly of a diminished managerial capability as a result of their past action. I see a play, do any of you?

Just some food for thought, no hate mail please!

Jim Spivey

2006 Allure 31432

(My line of credit is not tall enough, but I bet the takeover price is not as large as I would think)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 44083
You are five months late with your guess and I hope Bob's health is now good enough to continue the evolution. TWI

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 44112
I'll certainly agree that engineering all the new models in the past year or so was a terrible waste of money. The Veranda is the worst concept I've seen in a long time...CC needs to be dropping models and concentrating on what is selling and let the others die a natural death. Support them, for sure, just don't bring out new models...start with Veranda and Bus Conversions and go from there. Monaco dropped bus conversions several years ago.

David

02 Allure #30682 - headed to the For Sale Lot in the not too distant future.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 44137
I'm curious, David. Is anything selling???? Gold was up today so guess thats selling but not CC as near as I can tell.
DougC

'94CC Magna 5072

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 44139
Not yet! Before RV's will be cars and they are not moving yet, some, but not enough.

Sincerely,

Jim Spivey