Skip to main content
Topic: Jekyll Island Rally - Serious Questions (Read 503 times) previous topic - next topic

Jekyll Island Rally - Serious Questions

Yahoo Message Number: 44147
OK - obviously some deposits are planned for Monday Jan. 26 for caterers and entertainment.

But, why do many CC owners attend a rally? Is the primary reason to meet other owners and share experiences, or is it to interact with representatives from the factory and factory suppliers?

At previous rallies, we have been able to have some degree of complimentary factory service work performed, there have been quite a selection of parts available for purchase, and factory reps (both CC and suppliers) have been in attendance to answer questions and provide information.

Is this rally going to be just a meeting of owners - many of whom may not be "happy campers" at this point in time? Could someone step up and describe what is really planned?

And - for those who may choose to opt out, has anyone received information as to how to cancel - before the due date?

Jim and Mary Jo Brown
2002 Allure 30778

Re: Jekyll Island Rally - Serious Questions

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 44148
According to the invite form as follows...Refunds on rally registrations are available up to 30 days prior to the rally start date. The problem is there is no one answering the phone in the marketing dept. to refund or to make a reservation.
Jim Brown, brings up an interesting points of the purpose of having the rally. Spending two days on the road and having rubber chicken and whatever entertainment might show up doesn't sound like a good time to me. I would be hard pressed to believe vendors would show up when CC is closed and not building coaches. What kind of factory service would we have when there are no employees, no parts, no parts persons.
The local clubs have a better plan now putting on a rally at a smaller scale. There are less things to go wrong and pot luck lunch and dinners are always the best.
Just my opinion
Al

00 affinity #5851

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!