Skip to main content
Topic: CC The Horse is Down, Stop Kicking! (Read 841 times) previous topic - next topic

CC The Horse is Down, Stop Kicking!

Yahoo Message Number: 44151
Dear fellow CC Owner's and SOB readers.

It is time for some perspective. The Horse is Down, stop kicking!
Let's count our blessings not our problems. First, the fact that we are awake, have switched on the computer and can read this message may be the biggest blessing of all. The last day of our lives starts right now. Use the time wisely.
The people working on the CCI program of events for 2009 are doing the best job they can in a very difficult situation. Obviously any financial support and service previously offered by the factory is now a thing of the past. This must be creating a nightmare for the people trying to put together an interesting and inexpensive rally at Jekyl Island. If the only reason for anyone going to Jekyl was the free service, cheap meals and entertainment then maybe this is no longer the right venue.
On the other hand, if the the main reason you go to these events is the opportunity to meet old friends, make new friends with similar interests and maybe see some nearby places of interest normally outside your own back yard, then go ahead and follow through with your plans to attend.
If the event folds and you lose a deposit. BFD. Remember, there are about a thousand CC employees in the Junction City area right now that have no jobs and little immediate prospect for future employment even if CC gets started again. Add to this all the support services in the area that have seen their livelyhood severely impacted not just by the down turn at CC but also Monaco and Marathon.
Remember why you purchased a Country Coach in the first place. Use it, enjoy it, maintain it, and eventually pass it on to family or friends or turn it into a static second home. There may never be a coach like this built again.
Remember all the CC folk you have met along the way. The opportunity to meet them again, and think about those out there you will meet in the future. Without interaction with other people we are nothing. With the opportunity to meet our like minded fellow travelers we are blessed.

The future is bright.

No question. Our lives changed in 2008. There are now new challenges. How we meet and deal with the challenges will define our place in RV history.
What can we do. For starters, remember why this forum is here. A place to share our ideas, seek help and bond with fellow CC owners.
Second. If you are not already a member of a CC RV club Join now, Attend Events and Participate. Privately run Country Coach Owner events will be the place where information can be exchanged on the spot in real time and without cost. A lead to a good local technician or parts supply house can be invaluable and will help keep the coach in tip top condition.
For those who are technically challenged, seek out the owners who have knwledge and experience (We have many owners who know about Computers, Entertainment systems, etc.). In return, think about your experience in any other field of endeavor that may be of interest or help at a club rally, and share (Slide show of trip to Asia, Quilting, leading a nature walk or hike, give a lecture, host a potluck happy hour at your site).

Everyone has something to contribute.
Travel safe, be positive and keep smiling. The sun will rise and fall as expected. Enjoy the day.

David 31383

Stop kicking, the horse is down.

Re: CC The Horse is Down, Stop Kicking!

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 44154
Thank you and Amen! You have said what I have been thinking and in a better way than I could. We've all lost something over the last year whether as a Country Coach employee or coach owner. Our loses as owners pale in comparison to those of company personnel. Taking the resulting frustration out on each other (which in the final analysis is what is being done) is childish at best.
Either come to the rally to enjoy what may be the last one, at least for a while, or do those who plan to attend a favor and stay away. Please. We're going unless there is a formal cancellation and even if it fails to happen anwyay, so what. We'll enjoy our coach and visit something else in the area. Times are tough for most of us, we don't need arguments and griping over what we can't control. Life is too darn short.......

Bob Handren

'05 Inspire 51178
'05 JGCL

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 44155
Kudos to you Dave I don't know how it could have been said any better!! B. Boas, 94 Concept 5111

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 44156
At last a breath of fresh air! You have made my day David.

Hope to see all your smiling faces at Jekyll Island.

--

Lee Zaborowski
Intrigue #12153

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 44157
Great job Dave, There is a lot of posatives in belonging to Country Coach International. The BOD has no intention of not having rallies. Prior to the compayn graciously steping in to help with the rallies we did our own and will again if necessary. No one in the past wanted to pay for what a rally costs so it became a problem with attendance. It is time that we all pay our own way. There is a 100 coach CC area rally in Tennessee in October that may be the future. I am an optimest and still hold hope for the return of a leaner and meaner CC. It would seem to me the last one standing in this market will be in a very good position. Some say I always post in favor of the company but I choose to be a part of the solution rather then be a part of the problem. Again thanks Dave for being a part of the silent majority and stepping up. On an other subject it has been suggestions to get rid of the upper end products, in reality that is where the profit lies and what has been holding up the lower end.
Jerry O #60473

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 44158
Dave, your post was the best crafted and most appreciated post with an on target message point that I can remember having read.

Thank you for making my morning.

Dean

1995 CC Magna #5280

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 44159
Thank you David, I could not agree with you more, lets all mak the best we can with what we have

Charlie Zecman
2002 Magna 6162
Florida

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 44160
One word.. DITTO.

Thanks Dave... for hitting the nail on the head.

Russ and Jean
05 Intrigue

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 44162

David:

All well said!

Regards,

Dale Ford

President 2008/2009

South West Country Coachers

21791 Fernleaf Dr.
Lake Forest, CA 92630
dale@...

949-472-3090, cell 949-233-6244

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 44164

Jerry:

Just for the education of Country Coach owners could you (maybe for the umpteenth time) clarify the role of CCI and its' connection with the factory. It is my understanding that CCI is a sub-chapter of FMCA and independent of the factory and that it survives on dues and participation of its' members and not on the financial support of the factory.

Thanks,

Dale Ford

President 2008/2009

South West Country Coachers

21791 Fernleaf Dr.
Lake Forest, CA 92630
dale@...

949-472-3090, cell 949-233-6244

99 Allure 30408

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 44165
David, you are spot on with your comments. Obviously you spent some time putting all of your thoughts together and then expressing them in your email. Your time and effort are appreciated as a objective reality check is good for all to read and evaluate. Counting blessings and giving thanks is a positive thing to do creating positive energy, good for the soul.
Again thanks so much for taking your time and energy to post this email.
Hollicks 07 Aff 6767

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 44167
Unfortunately, David, the horse is down and going lower. So you are right. Make the best of what we have, enjoy the life we have as long as we are able. We have been blessed to live in a great country like the USA, but like all great societies of the past, we have sowed the seeds for our own destruction. Supposedly thats why we study history. Unfortunately, we have failed to understand or learn from it.

Want to learn a second language? Try Chinese.
DougC

'94 CC Magna #5072

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 44168
Dale, As president of CCI I would like to answer your query re: CCI.
Regardless of what happens to Country Coach [the company] CCI will continue to be an active club. We will still have rallies and with some dealers help, even service [possibly not free as before]. In any event, let's not bury Country Coach yet. There may be a rainbow on the horizon. Ted Wright LO41---