Skip to main content
Topic: Washer dryer choice? (Read 975 times) previous topic - next topic

Washer dryer choice?

Yahoo Message Number: 44186
The Splendide 2100 worked 2 years, then tossed drive belt. I found no reason for belt getting free and put it back on pulleys. After 2 more years, it seems to have tossed the belt again, motor can be heard running while drum does not move. Getting the washer out & in is heavy work.

Should I install a new belt or a new washer?
If a new washer, is the Splendide 2100 still the best washer dryer to fit in a CC?
God Bless You,

Eric Lee Elliott

Re: Washer dryer choice?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 44189
I once had a problem with the washer and called the distributor who was very helpful. I am not at the coach now, so cannot give you their name or phone number, but if you look in the documentation which came with the motorhome you should find the name and number of the Splendide distributor who will be able to help you...if they are still in business. I'm hoping they are.

Ray

2000 Intrigue 11040

Quote from: Eric Lee Elliott\[br\
] > > The Splendide 2100 worked 2 years, then tossed drive belt. I found

no reason

for belt getting free and put it back on pulleys. After 2 more

years, it

seems to have tossed the belt again, motor can be heard running

while drum

does not move. Getting the washer out & in is heavy work.

Should I install a new belt or a new washer? >

If a new washer, is the Splendide 2100 still the best washer dryer

to fit in a

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 44190
Quote from: travman100

> I once had a problem with the washer and called the distributor who > was very helpful. I am not at the coach now, so cannot give you

their

name or phone number, but if you look in the documentation which > came with the motorhome you should find the name and number of the > Splendide distributor who will be able to help you...if they are > still in business. I'm hoping they are.

Ray

2000 Intrigue 11040

[quote author=Eric Lee Elliott

>

> The Splendide 2100 worked 2 years, then tossed drive belt. I

found

no reason

> for belt getting free and put it back on pulleys. After 2 more > years, it

> seems to have tossed the belt again, motor can be heard running > while drum

> does not move. Getting the washer out & in is heavy work.
>

> Should I install a new belt or a new washer? > >

> If a new washer, is the Splendide 2100 still the best washer

dryer

to fit in a
> CC?
>

> God Bless You,
>

> Eric Lee Elliott
>

Hi Eric,
We has one of those Italian made washer/Dryer combo machines and hated it.

The load capacity was small and the clothes always came out wrinkled. the parts were expensive and finding a service tech was difficult.
So, we replaced it with a 'Miele' brand front loaders. German orgin.
We has the vertical room for a pair of stackables and chose to do seperate units.

The machines are a dream to operate and the clothes are coming out just like we were back at home.

Bill Herring

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 44195
Eric:

The disty is West Linn Sales, West Linn, OR, tel: 503-655-2563

JB

06 Allure, 31309

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 44198
Eric:

We have a 2000 with 100,000 plus mile usage.
Lots of usage on the washer.

I agree it is a pain to remove the unit....... but the replacement cost is absurdly priced.

There is some possibility the original belt may have had some defect causing the first and second problem. Also you should run it so you can see how it tracts on the pullies.
These are very well built machines and I was quite impressed with the engineering .

In short, the investment of a new belt, I beleive is worth it.
While you are at it purchase a spare vane (plastic) for the water pump.

A stray button will whipe it out.

Jim Green Rollingghetto Intrigue 11021

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 44200
So Bill, Miele makes a combo washer dryer of the same dimensions of the Spendide that will fit in the cabinet?

Rich

2002 Magna 6148

Quote from: Bill
[quote author=travman100"

>

> I once had a problem with the washer and called the distributor

who

was very helpful. I am not at the coach now, so cannot give you > their

> name or phone number, but if you look in the documentation which > > came with the motorhome you should find the name and number of

the

Splendide distributor who will be able to help you...if they are > > still in business. I'm hoping they are.
>
> Ray

> 2000 Intrigue 11040
>
>

>]
> >

> > The Splendide 2100 worked 2 years, then tossed drive belt. I > found

> no reason

> > for belt getting free and put it back on pulleys. After 2 more > > years, it

> > seems to have tossed the belt again, motor can be heard running > > while drum

> > does not move. Getting the washer out & in is heavy work.
> >

> > Should I install a new belt or a new washer? > > >

> > If a new washer, is the Splendide 2100 still the best washer > dryer

> to fit in a
> > CC?
> >

> > God Bless You,
> >

> > Eric Lee Elliott
> >

>Hi Eric,

We has one of those Italian made washer/Dryer combo machines and > hated it.

The load capacity was small and the clothes always came out

wrinkled.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 44203
They are stacked one on top of the other. Yes, they fit in the same depth and width. we have the W1113 washer.

If you check around with repair techs and consumer reporting services, it is one of the very finest appliances in the world today.
TOP SHELF quality!
www.miele.com/
Bill

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 44215
Eric ~ I would contact Splendide directly. I have found them great to work with. You'll find the contact info here: http://www.splendide.com/
Regarding the belt. I had to replace my drain pump so I asked the Splendide tech if I should replace the belt as long as I had the machine out and open. He said no, because they rarely have belt problems even after years of use. So I agree with the poster who said you might have had a defective belt, or pulley, from the beginning.

By the way, I had Cummins Coach Care repair mine. I computed the cost to my back vs the depletion of my wallet and my back won.

Jim

] > > The Splendide 2100 worked 2 years, then tossed drive belt. I found

no reason

for belt getting free and put it back on pulleys. After 2 more

years, it

seems to have tossed the belt again, motor can be heard running

while drum

does not move. Getting the washer out & in is heavy work.

Should I install a new belt or a new washer? >

If a new washer, is the Splendide 2100 still the best washer dryer

to fit in a

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 44250
We've had our Splendide washer/dryer for 6 years of full-time RVing and we love it. In those 6+ years, I've had to slide out the washer about 6 times for various repairs. That's about 1500 wash and dry cycles per repair and more than 9000 wash/dry cycles since we bought our coach! The folks at Westland Sales have a great tech support group and with a tiny bit of effort and my extended washer/dryer warranty, I've been able to do all the repairs myself at "no cost".

My wife has severe allergies to most laundry detergents and dryer sheets, so using a campground laudromat is not an option for us. The Splendide lets us do small loads of laundry every day as clothes get dirty, so we rarely have any dirty clothes stacked up anywhere. It is a great product.

I did upgrade the water supply hoses to stainless steel braided ones to eliminate the potential disaster of a broken rubber hose, and I also upgraded the cheap-o tin-foil slinky exhaust hose that CC had installed to an solid aluminum exhaust. Now the clothes dry much faster because the solid aluminum exhaust eliminates most of the drag caused by lint accumulation.

We love the Splendide and would buy another one if this one ever dies.

P.S. Our Miele canister vacuum is really great quality too and I'm sure that if Miele makes a washer/dryer combo that would fit in the same space, it would be a great substitute product also.

Regards,

Bob Kumza
2003 Intrigue

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 44253
Thanks for all replies on splendide problem. A Mier pair will replace the Splendide. The deciding factor was wrinkled clothes.

Bill Herr, thank you.

God Bless You,

Eric Lee Elliott

eric@... http://eric-elliott.com
800.827.5038 870.613.1398

PMB 6755, 167 Rainbow Drive, Livingston TX 77399-1067

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 44276
Eric, Hi, I went on the Meile website and can't find the stackable washer/dryer combo. Can you tell where you found out about this product?

Thanks, Mike 03 Allure 1st Ave #30898

] >

Thanks for all replies on splendide problem. A Mier pair will

replace the

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 44285
Quote from: allure012000"
r />]
Hi Mike,

Miele Makes a Washer & a Dryer that stack into a vertical space that is available on my Affinity.

They are the cat's meow! My wife adores them both.
It is NOT a combo all in one unit.
I chose the 220V dryer. It dries as quickly as a in home unit.

Bill Herring
2008 Affinity

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 44326
I went online. For anyone thinking about this, the Miele combo (single) unit I found cost about $2,000. I could only find one outlet for the Meile. I did see that LG makes what seem to be very sophisticated direct drive (no belt and quiet)units for half the price of the Miele, and there is another company called Haier.
Interestingly, none of these are available in a vented unit like my Splendide and the dry times are therefore much longer.

Rich

2002 Magna 6148

Quote from: Bill
Quote from: allure012000"

Hi Mike,

Miele Makes a Washer & a Dryer that stack into a vertical space [/quote
tical space

that

is available on my Affinity.
They are the cat's meow! My wife adores them both.
It is NOT a combo all in one unit.
I chose the 220V dryer. It dries as quickly as a in home unit.

Bill Herring
2008 Affinity
>

> Eric, Hi, I went on the Meile website and can't find the

stackable

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 44328
Hi Rich,

PLEASE, please check with an appliance repair tech on what there opinion is on LG appliances in general! I've been told on several occasions that they are 'throw away products'

Not well engineered or constructed. Service manuals are fair to poor in their information and availability.
Meile is a few bucks more but you will have years of trouble free operation. (don't use too much soap with any front loader)

Bill Herring

2008 Affinity #6869

Quote from: intrepid008
I went online. For anyone thinking about this, the Miele combo > (single) unit I found cost about $2,000. I could only find one

outlet

for the Meile. I did see that LG makes what seem to be very > sophisticated direct drive (no belt and quiet)units for half the > price of the Miele, and there is another company called Haier.
Interestingly, none of these are available in a vented unit like my > Splendide and the dry times are therefore much longer.

Rich

2002 Magna 6148

[quote author=Bill"

>
>

[quote author=allure012000"
>]
> Hi Mike,
>

> Miele Makes a Washer & a Dryer that stack into a vertical space > that

> is available on my Affinity.

> They are the cat's meow! My wife adores them both.
> It is NOT a combo all in one unit.
> I chose the 220V dryer. It dries as quickly as a in home unit.
>

> Bill Herring
> 2008 Affinity
> >

> > Eric, Hi, I went on the Meile website and can't find the > stackable

> > washer/dryer combo. Can you tell where you found out about this > > > product?
> >

> > Thanks, Mike 03 Allure 1st Ave #30898 > > >
> >

> >]
> > >

> > > Thanks for all replies on splendide problem. A Mier pair

will

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 44339
Rich, could you provide me with the website you found the Meile Combo unit on?

Thanks, Mike 03 Allure 1st Ave #30898

Quote from: intrepid008
I went online. For anyone thinking about this, the Miele combo > (single) unit I found cost about $2,000. I could only find one

outlet

for the Meile. I did see that LG makes what seem to be very > sophisticated direct drive (no belt and quiet)units for half the > price of the Miele, and there is another company called Haier.
Interestingly, none of these are available in a vented unit like my > Splendide and the dry times are therefore much longer.

Rich

2002 Magna 6148

[quote author=Bill"

>
>

[quote author=allure012000"
>]
> Hi Mike,
>

> Miele Makes a Washer & a Dryer that stack into a vertical space > that

> is available on my Affinity.

> They are the cat's meow! My wife adores them both.
> It is NOT a combo all in one unit.
> I chose the 220V dryer. It dries as quickly as a in home unit.
>

> Bill Herring
> 2008 Affinity
> >

> > Eric, Hi, I went on the Meile website and can't find the > stackable

> > washer/dryer combo. Can you tell where you found out about this > > > product?
> >

> > Thanks, Mike 03 Allure 1st Ave #30898 > > >
> >

> >]
> > >

> > > Thanks for all replies on splendide problem. A Mier pair

will

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 44350
Rich,

My local appliance repairman said Haier parts are not available and Haier did not pay him for warranty work. I like and buy LG electronics. Due to what appliance repairman have told me and what I have read, I buy no LG applicance. God Bless You, Eric Lee Elliott ?????????????????????????? I went online. For anyone thinking about this, the Miele combo (single) unit I found cost about $2,000. I could only find one outlet for the Meile. I did see that LG makes what seem to be very sophisticated direct drive (no belt and quiet)units for half the price of the Miele, and there is another company called Haier. Interestingly, none of these are available in a vented unit like my Splendide and the dry times are therefore much longer. Rich 2002 Magna 6148